Probe of personal e-mail use by Trump White House officials to be expanded

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/01/probe-of-personal-e-mail-use-b.html

4 Likes

46 Likes

Ah yes, this tactic worked so well the first time…

Also, do they not have competent IT in Washington? There are ways to help limit this.

3 Likes

I’m not naïve enough to think this makes a difference to anyone whose mind will be changed, but it’s a petard absolutely pleading for a firm hoisting.

12 Likes

tumblr_ptf8m6MLYD1rhs4ze_540

27 Likes

bound to meet the same stonewalling

4 Likes

Perhaps if they employed a really authoritative font on their subpoenas that would frighten the executive branch to return to the rule of law. (i’d recommend a 12point Baskerville)

8 Likes

“Do as we say, not as we do.” – The GOP Promise.

12 Likes

came here to say this.

4 Likes

DPcQiFKUQAAN2cS

16 Likes

Like most things related to IT that cause problems, the root issue has nothing to do with IT.

It’s like at any other company where top management gets excused from other IT enforcement. Not because IT cannot enforce it, but because they’ve specifically been told not to.

Which also means, this isn’t some mistake. Someone had to purposely allow the access.

10 Likes

I’d believe it if you just told me that the Trump team is so incompetent that they didn’t think to hire IT people. They’re delaying or neglecting just about every other department that can’t easily be handed to a family member or profiteer.

3 Likes

I assume the IT guys, at least the ones that run stuff like networks, servers, filters, blocks, security, isolation, and physical computers are all “deep state” career staff, or perhaps contractors reporting to career staff.

They probably do all report up the chain to a political appointee vacancy though.

5 Likes

Yeah, hound them to death.

7 Likes

It really is amazing to see the Republicans get bent out of shape about a private email server when Jared has been doing State Department work using unsecured email, phones and other communications - not to mention all of that, along with private meetings, were deliberately withheld from the State Department entirely. And no one is making a peep about it.

It’s almost as if their only interest in the issue is that it could be weaponized against political opponents, and they themselves actually have no ethical standards whatsoever.

19 Likes

Agreed. Lordy this is depressing.

(some music for this image-meme)

2 Likes

like Lucy with the football, certainly THIS will be the criminal behavior that changes something, anything, peel off one of the four out of ten that will still vote for him

please, let’s stop wasting our time and figure out how we’re going to get back the senate and then the supreme-court because everything else is pointless

11 Likes

I have stories of C level execs raising a Sev 1/A ticket internally and with vendors taking up the time of engineers and developers because they stopped getting emails on their phone.

4 Likes

Simple: subpoena the NSA.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.