Professor "fired after mocking political correctness" story falls apart

But you can’t like it too much, or that’s my fault too.

19 Likes

It’s not your fault, it’s how you dress. Like you’re asking for it.

10 Likes

But don’t actually ask for it…

12 Likes

Yeah, sure honey, but it’s LIKE you are, and isn’t that close to the same thing?

I learned everything from Han Solo, even when you angrily shove us away you just want us to kiss you.

4 Likes

There’s gotta be a saying out there that ties this guys self destruction & this gif together, I can’t think of it though…

BTW, I keep getting this ad with an autophagist turkey all over BB & actually find it a bit disturbing…

12 Likes

Or Tump U?

3 Likes

I’m finding it incredibly disturbing…

5 Likes

Sooo… basically reason no. 48,934 to stay off twitter. Noted.

2 Likes

It’s an ad for Best Buy…

4 Likes

By David Lynch?

11 Likes

The great thing is that trick would be grounds for termination in a University setting. Internal review boards frown on unapproved human experimentation.

8 Likes

Man, academia sounds no fun at all :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s not.

12 Likes

That’s not helping

The biggest obstacle right now to attaining some form of TT gender balance is simply getting permission to hire TT positions. Even with the best intentions a department of 10 men isn’t going to become 50-50 until 5 of the men retire or move and get replaced with 5 women. Odds are that when these 5 men retire 2 of the TT lines will be eliminated by the administration, and in even the most progressive department at most 2 of the 3 replacements for the others will be women, still leaving you with 75% men in the department.

11 Likes
  1. Prof fakes being kicked out of university for holding conservative views.
  2. Dean calls out prof because he was actually on the leave he requested; then fires him.
  3. Self-fulfilling prophecy fulfilled.
  4. Profit!
11 Likes

(@brainspore quietly nurses nagging sense of guilt in preparation for upcoming tenure review next week)

11 Likes

If that’s the best buy, I’d hate to see the worst.

4 Likes

Rectenwald; which literally translates to festering asshole.

5 Likes

Experiment, Social (n): see Joke, Just A. Cf. Sensitive, Overly.

2 Likes