Professor's door is an excellent Trompe-l'œil

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/12/professors-door-is-an-excell.html

10 Likes

Just don’t try to follow the roadrunner into the office.

26 Likes

He probably tells students “My door is always open”, then laughs when they walk into it.

57 Likes

If I were doing this, I’d paint the door closer white to match the flourescent light.

3 Likes

I’d make sure all moving parts of the door were painted to fade into the background, too. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Brilliant. I considered doing the same when I worked for Microsoft except the office would be EMPTY so PMs didn’t bug me.

3 Likes

“door wraps” need to be a thing.

4 Likes

This does look more like a vinyl wrap than a painting.
If you’ve got access to the appropriate printer (and I can imagine a large school or university might have one), the sticky-back vinyl is cheap, and it works just like a regular bubble-jet printer.

5 Likes

these things always work much better in a 2D photo online than in real life. in real life the 3rd dimension makes them look flat. file this with those “3d” chalk art paintings and those “3d” LED lamps.

I mean, look, it’s funny, but no one would be confused in real life.

2 Likes

No one but the security guard watching on CCTV. “Damn it, the building is closed. Now I gotta go down there and listen to him tell me how important his research is.”

4 Likes

This was my desktop for a few years

7 Likes

Hahaha yessss

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.