Watch this very funny glass door prank

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/06/watch-this-very-funny-glass-do.html

5 Likes

I was really expecting him to immediately bonk into a pane of glass set right after the fake door.

9 Likes

On the other side of the spectrum:

19 Likes
9 Likes

For that reason I have placed “window safety stickers” (a normal sticker I wouldn’t normally display publicly) at snout height and at (human) eye level, so my St. Bernard would know if it was opened or closed.

6 Likes

How did they get that hanging stuff to stay so still?

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s what amazed me. I’m guessing very still air and relatively heavy suspended objects (that haven’t been touched in a while).

3 Likes

Watching it the second time, I see a slight motion of the handles in the beginning. But I didn’t notice it at all the first time because I wasn’t looking for it, so I can easily believe the guy overlooked it as well. He hesitates very briefly - perhaps his subconscious senses something is off - before grabbing it.

4 Likes

scotty

4 Likes

You know what would have been great is to have the real pane of glass 3-5 feet beyond. Bonk!

Besides the glass door gag for the person in the video, every time I see it I mistake the door handles for some kind of railings on the steps and it confuses me when he seems to walk “through” them and then the camera moves.

1 Like

I was relieved to see what kind of prank this was. When glass door pranks go wrong, they can go horrifically wrong (I leave the googling to you).

1 Like

I like harmless pranks too!!!

Thanks, but hard pass.

2 Likes

I’m not usually a fan of prank videos as they rely on people being embarrassed or looking foolish. This is just funny and I expect anyone who fell for it would just laugh at the clever setup.

1 Like

there are a lot problems with the door…
how does a star trek captain tell the difference
between the wall and the door…

there are lessons here to be learned

just saying… :slight_smile:

I thought that was hilarious, but I did start to worry about the cardiac health of some of the victims.

if it’s got a handle it’s a door handle

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.