Oops: A gentleman shatters glass doors as he enters a store with too much gusto

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/18/oops-a-gentleman-shatters-gla.html

2 Likes

source (2)

22 Likes

I tried that when I was a kid and another kid closed a door just when I was reaching for the handle. You bleed quite a lot when it’s real glass.

11 Likes

Can I get a copy of those security tapes?

9 Likes

He looks to be wearing a clerical collar. That’s a door-busting priest!

4 Likes

If you’ve just acquired superpowers, dick move to go figuring out what they are in a retail space. Traditionally you’re supposed to do it in your own bedroom or a back alley.

8 Likes

“Today’s going to be a be great day! I got on my new shoes, got a hair cut - yep, the world is my oyster. I’m going to be positive and treat every encounter with unbridled enthusiasm!”

21 Likes

In the end, he does the gentlemanly thing and keeps on a walkin’.

Well, what could he do, really?

I keep watching the video wondering if this isn’t actually from some sort of hidden camera show. Doors shouldn’t do that.

13 Likes

christ what an asshole

1 Like

Doors really shouldn’t do that. He wasn’t even pushing on them when they broke, they were coasting after being opened with vigor. Looks like the opening angle stops were on the ceiling, and they were designed to shatter the glass when hit too forcefully.

Lousy doors.

13 Likes

It wasn’t me.

(I did have to look to make sure. It is the sort of thing that happens to me)

4 Likes

It’s a tempered glass door, that’s exactly what they are supposed to do. The doors aren’t designed for some small-dicked man-baby to slam them around because he was mad at his mom that just dropped him off.

Tempered glass IS designed to shatter into small pieces with no sharp edges so that it doesn’t injure anyone.

1 Like

Every single glass door made in the last 70+ years will do that. It is literally how the glass is designed to react when shattered.

I know what tempered glass is. Most doors made with tempered glass have it mounted in an aluminum frame, to prevent the glass from hitting against a little door stop and shattering.

Lousy doors.

16 Likes
  1. I’m mildly impressed he took out both doors at once. So manly!

2. Maybe he was just lonely?

5 Likes

Looks like they were opened with enough force to break the aluminum frame too.

1 Like

Similarly here. As a kid I reached for the door handle on a glass door and missed while another kid was pulling it open sliced up my wrist and the back of a thumb. Had to get stitches and still have the scars to this day.

2 Likes

When is a door not a door?

When it’s ajar.

Also when it’s in a kajillion pieces on the floor.

10 Likes

I am Kramer! …oh…oh shit.

2 Likes