Artist paints cabinet to match surroundings so that it becomes invisible

Originally published at: Artist paints cabinet to match surroundings so that it becomes invisible | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That’s a fun idea and very well done! Of course the effect only works if you stand in one specific place so that the perspective effect lines up, but still fun. In person it probably looks odd because you’re sitting not at Instagram camera level.

13 Likes

I’ve seen some interesting interior trompe l’oeil examples like windows, balconies, holes in the floor, and disguising odd construction or flooring issues. This one does seem like a trip hazard.

I would like to see pictures from different angles, too!

8 Likes

I’m 99% sure this is an Instagram stunt done for the clicks with a thrift store cupboard that then went in the trash. So… no tripping hazard at least. Yay?

4 Likes

It looks somewhat like there is a bit of dank carpet in it?

6 Likes

Band Name!

I bet they stink.

12 Likes

The Dank Carpet and the Locked Safes… appearing at the Point!

10 Likes

Dank Carpet
Playing tonight at the Dublin Castle* + Support
Tickets £6, £5 concessions

• It’s a pub and live music venue in Camden, London. Madness got started there.
3 Likes

The effect could be impressive IRL if designed around the viewer being at a small door where one enters the room. And the perspective fails when one is close enough to stub a toe.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.