Project Veritas scammed out of $165,000 by a phishing email

Originally published at: Project Veritas scammed out of $165,000 by a phishing email | Boing Boing

17 Likes

Was the phisher dressed up like a cartoonish depiction of an pimp?

33 Likes

Do these sleazy scammers really think any intelligent person with a moral compass (i.e. not their followers) is going to feel sorry for them getting scammed themselves?

22 Likes

They don’t care what people “with a moral compass” think as long as they can scam their followers into paying more than those $165,000 in compensation.

Nevertheless, karma is a b*tch.

10 Likes

There are questions that this is a false flag and that if you follow the money it’s shaped like a circle.

Wake up sheeple!

31 Likes

I’ve been joking about spit takes for decades, but this was the first one for real.

8 Likes

Couldn’t have happened to better people! And they wonder why the younger generations love irony…

6 Likes

Out of fucks

39 Likes

Seinfeld Shame GIF

26 Likes

I’m expecting to see more RWNJ targeted by hackers and scammers.

6 Likes

Is it just me or is it hard to believe anything PV says, including that they were the victim of fraud? Is there any proof aside from their own words?

25 Likes

karma, what took you so long to come to me

8 Likes

Yeah, could be an inside job, or they spent it all on coke, or a big lawyer’s bill came through?

12 Likes

That was my thought. They got a bill from their lawyers, had no money to pay it, and cooked up a fake story, because that’s their whole schtick, to get their fans to give them money while at the same time getting their lawyers off their backs. I hope it backfires, like most of their schemes do, because you know their lawyers know exactly who they’re dealing with.

23 Likes

Nelson ha ha

13 Likes

23 Likes

You mean with ones that aren’t connected with DFT, right?

3 Likes

They could have thrown that money away by hiring Rudy Giuliani for 8.25 days with it. That would have been truly tragic and hilarious.

6 Likes

17 Likes

7585e59839758a1d3e6b679f53d69418

9 Likes