Prominent journalists' accounts being permanently suspended on Twitter. Mastodon's is gone too.

Rumor is that Tweets with the word Mastodon are being marked as sensitive. would not be shocked to see if that changed to messages being blocked or just invisible soon.

Must suck for the band Mastodon too. Elon is definitely not taking the High Road.

21 Likes

When everyone started talking about mastodon when Elon took over, I signed up and tried to post a link to my mastodon on Facebook and it got marked as spam…

19 Likes

Probably other federated apps too. Besides Twitter-type micro-blogging, some of them support more Facebook-like features. (Hard for me to say which, because I’ve never used Facebook, but apparently I have a Wall on Friendica, somewhere.)

11 Likes

Well, I guess I’m done. I remember the early days of Twitter with many of the BB regulars enthusiastically embracing the short-phrase weirdness. I would tweet by SMS while out and about, and then read my feed when I got home in front of my desktop.

Friendly reminder, if you use birdsite to authenticate your login for anything, now would be a good time to uh, not do that.

26 Likes

Elon’s answer to the Trump NFTs.

Their attention war’s gonna have collateral damage.

9 Likes

Musk doesn’t believe in taking the high road. He has a whole company devoted to the idea of making new lows.

17 Likes

God I wish Musk were older.
The notion of this guy making news for decades to come is just intolerable.

30 Likes

Tweet without rhythm, and you won’t attract the Elon.

30 Likes

Such as for this Discourse forum. Single sign-on with a Twitter account was one of the things I noticed was offered while I was signing up.

Wow, he was able to last a whole 2 minutes in a voice chat with some of the suspended journalists.

Half-an-hour later…

@bestofdyingtwit: ... did elon just kill the twitter space  Screenshot: Unavailable

ETA: Twitter Spaces might have also just been less-functional (perhaps they needed those engineers after all), but the removal of the recording is more suspicious.

18 Likes

I removed my Director’s Cut bot from Twitter several weeks ago and got it up and running on Mastodon. I set it up so that every couple of days it would tweet a goodbye message and a please follow us on Mastodon at the address.Today I had a look from a different account and all of those tweets are hidden, with no way for me to see them.

28 Likes

I’m told the emperor has no clothes …

10 Likes

According to this thread, several federated sites are suffering a red-banner ban, in that trying to include the domain names in a tweet results in a “Something went wrong” red error message and prevents posting.

including yiff.life, mastodon.art, and techhub.social
I deleted my own twitter five years ago so I can’t test any of the other ‘popular’ fedi servers within my bubble

15 Likes

Lots of reports of Mastodon links being removed from profiles and posts. I found I could find Mastodon links as long as they were in a certain format. What direct links I could find took me through a “risky click” warning…

Example (obv not me):

17 Likes

Thanks for that chuckle!

13 Likes

Can it be…? Are you the Twitsatz Haderach?!

19 Likes

And of course opening up another can of worms:

23 Likes

While you’re at it, Twitter also dissolved its Trust and Safety Council.

And the former head of public safety for Twitter, Yoel Roth, had to flee his home in response to numerous violent threats made after Elon Musk accused him on Twitter of being a child molester.

18 Likes

Don’t worry. They’re creating a new one.

18 Likes

We may see moves like this as bizarre and impulsive and self-destructive, but one group of people think Musk is doing just great.

[Archive]

20 Likes

Twitter is now doing this to the account of the non-profit foundation for which I’m running social media accounts:

22 Likes