Prosecutor opens investigation of Long Island liar-elect George Santos

He probably does have African ancestry.

The correlation between color and genomic ancestry is imperfect: at the individual level one cannot safely predict the skin color of a person from his/her level of European, African and Amerindian ancestry nor the opposite. Regardless of their skin color, the overwhelming majority of Brazilians have a high degree of European ancestry. Also, regardless of their skin color, the overwhelming majority of Brazilians have a significant degree of African ancestry. Finally, most Brazilians have a significant and very uniform degree of Amerindian ancestry! The high ancestral variability observed in Whites and Blacks suggests that each Brazilian has a singular and quite individual proportion of European, African and Amerindian ancestry in his/her mosaic genomes.

4 Likes

It would fit the old one drop rule.

5 Likes

The Brazilian conception of race doesn’t work that way, for what it’s worth.

5 Likes

The further down they dig, the more it seems like Santos — that is, as a living breathing person — does not actually exist.

10 Likes

Yes. It looks like a pantone color chart. I am labeled pardo, not white, not black. But my sister is white…

14 Likes

According to this article, the man who was alleged defrauded by Mr. Santos, only discovered his real identity when His boyfriend came back to the store to return a pair of sneakers bought with the stolen check.

6 Likes

Soon they will have AI generated bots rolling thru the talking points with a back drop of 'merican tractors and UV testicle therapy and border walls that don’t really function… so AI Tucker 2024?

5 Likes

This one I found particularly egregious; not sure if it was posted around here yet,

19 Likes

It was in one of the other George Santos threads.

10 Likes

I wonder if all that inexplicable money came from Russia?

9 Likes

All? No. A huge honkin’ chunk? Oh hell yes.

16 Likes

Huh:

14 Likes
10 Likes

Let’s just have Santo

6 Likes

(excerpt) Experts say using campaign money for personal expenses is a big no-no.
The embattled rep, who is fighting calls to resign before taking office Jan. 3, had claimed a five-figure income before running for Congress for the first time in 2020 — following a checkered past that included a stiffed landlord and eviction. He doesn’t have a pot to pee in,” Connor said. “Where does he suddenly two years later come into not only $700,00 – but $700,000 that he can dump into a political campaign?”

9 Likes

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

10 Likes

The comedy is writing itself.

I will relish trying to spot The SANTOS Act news items in real time.

Will it get smothered and starved in the next news cycle that cheerfully provides more free oxygen for whatever :tangerine: :clown_face: is bloviating?

Will The SANTOS Act get some legs instead, and lurch up out of committee and onto the House floor like an undead shambling thing?

Will it provide at least a dry chuckle for future historians who review these sorts of goings on?

7 Likes

If he says he is, he isn’t.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s primarily what’s making me question the claim - that he made it.

3 Likes

Hey looky here, he’s not even close to being done.

11 Likes