Protect your pets from predators with very punk body armor

Originally published at: Protect your pets from predators with very punk body armor | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Punk Rock 80S GIF

13 Likes

It will keep pigeons from roosting on your pekineses’ back.

7 Likes

I guess there are non-rolling breeds of dogs then? Those sticks would get broken off within 30 seconds by my dogs.

4 Likes

That is some serious cyberpunk outfitting. I wonder if they make it in golden retriever size.

My dog: “No.”

Me: “But Cooper, it’s cool!”

Cooper: “I hate you.”

15 Likes

It’s not funny, really. Having a pet stolen is an act of terror, you wouldn’t want me to be on that jury.

3 Likes

I don’t think most acts of wild-animal-on-pet violence lead to a jury trial.

This vest isn’t designed to dissuade human abductors, it’s designed to prevent small dogs being attacked by predators (including unruly larger dogs). A human with a mind to kidnap a pet could still grab the little guy pretty easily.

4 Likes

Looks like the pic was snapped in a pet store. The dog’s expression seems to say “Wait. You want me to wear this in public?!”

4 Likes

My paranoia of pet abduction is real as I hug my dog. Have a nice day.

9 Likes

I wish you and your dog well. I’m just saying this vest addresses a different threat than the one you’re describing.

4 Likes

Dude, I’m f@cking with you. I love you, just so you know.

6 Likes

17 Likes

This is needed even in suburban areas. I have been seeing bald eagles this year in the central US.

1 Like

Weird - I just saw an ad for one of these the other day.

They also have vests with eyes on the back for eagles.

1 Like

It also keeps the pigeons off your doggo.

What, no band patches?

6 Likes

We’ve got a popular baby owl watching spot and I see a lot of small dog owners enjoying it. But, as soon as it gets dusk, the parents feed the kids. Mama will tear a rabbit in half, so a small dog could definitely be on the menu.

3 Likes

Had a Great horned owl take a run at my basset once, while leashed to me. Had to wave the poop scoop at it to make it pull up. (That’s a seventy pound dog )

3 Likes

Skinny Puppy !

6 Likes

“Eagles are strong enough to carry a 12-pound salmon, so a four-pound dog is nothing,” Mark Robokoff, proprietor of AK Bark pet shop in Anchorage, Alaska, told the Wall Street Journal.

lol I’m sure the guy had the scale ready to weigh that fake salmon.

Eagles weigh 8 to 12 pounds and can carry about three or four pounds.

4 Likes