Proud Boy who attacked cops with U.S. flag off to prison for 37 months

Originally published at: Proud Boy who attacked cops with U.S. flag off to prison for 37 months | Boing Boing

15 Likes

While I’m glad to see continuing consequences for participants in the Beer Belly Putsch, his sentence should have been longer.

24 Likes

You got off easy, proud boy.

7 Likes

I’m sure he believes that he got 37 months for sending that text, not for ‘bonking’ cops.

6 Likes

He was not there just to hear the Orange Oaf speak; he had a helmet and goggles with him so he could attack LEOs and avoid the effects of cap spray.

9 Likes

Meanwhile the other insurrectionists were probably grumbling “OK, we get it, you have a job. No need to rub it in.”

4 Likes

I guess we can always hope he commits more crimes in prison and has his sentence extended.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure he totally won’t do the exact same thing given the chance after three years in prison. Why, he’ll be a little old man by then.

It’s not quite a slap on the wrist, but given that he was part of a mob trying to murder elected officials and sabotage a fair election, this is just pathetic. People who pose no threat at all to society and democracy routinely get sentences much longer than this for possessing a few ounces of weed.

3 Likes

James Robert Elliot, then a Proud Boy

A Hubris Boy, I guess :thinking:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.