Proudly wear your own US Forest Service Lunar Orbit Adjustment Program patch in honor of congressman Louie Gohmert's (R-TX) genius climate change mitigation idea

Originally published at: Proudly wear your own US Forest Service Lunar Orbit Adjustment Program patch in honor of congressman Louie Gohmert's (R-TX) genius climate change mitigation idea | Boing Boing

6 Likes

… I’ve been meaning to order stuff from that company for a while; this finally gave me that last push to do it.

2 Likes

I did not think a member of Congress could ask a dumber question than Hank Johnson asking if too many Marines being redeployed from Okinawa might capsize Guam, but here we are.

14 Likes

9 Likes

how can someone this monumentally stupid get elected? ah don’t answer, i already know.

2 Likes

R.I.P. Louie :cry:

2 Likes

Space_Tree_Station_(Regular_Show)

2 Likes

This seems like a question for Randell Munroe. How much would we have to move the earth (and moon) to “solve” our climate change problem. Would we be fixing one thing only to break something else that would be even more catastrophic?

5 Likes

Please tell me you’re joking? He didn’t actually ask that question did he!?!?!?

1 Like

He did. Here’s the video:

He later said he was joking, or was on medication, IIRC.

He was my representative in the House at the time, until they redrew the districts. He’s still in Congress. His heart’s in the right place, unlike Gohmert’s.

3 Likes

I say let the forest service run with the idea, I’d be interested to see what they could do with the hundreds of trillions of dollars it would take to attempt it.

3 Likes

“Proudly”??

I wonder how many more Republican engineering proposal patches one could fit on a standard flight suit.

12 Likes

Is there a unit patch for the Hurricane Nukers?

9 Likes

I wonder if they sent one of these to Louie; maybe put in a note on USFS letterhead thanking him for approving the $25 trillion in funding it will take to research the issue.
And send copies of the note to the Proper People:
The Onion, comedians, news outlets, etc.
Maybe send it to You Know Who, so he can publicize it at his next Worship Rally.

3 Likes

Notwithstanding the very notion of capsizing Guam, he sounds as if he’s got what Trump’s got. He seems to be in trouble.

Missed opportunity: Mazel could have been MASER. MASER TOUGH.

As a life long Texan, one word, Texas.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.