Pruitt tried to illegally get a Chick-fil-A restaurant for his wife because "it is a franchise of faith"

It’s too bad that Leviticus wasn’t born in the age of clickbait: “Purge your house of defiling mold with this one weird trick: all you need is two live birds, scarlet yarn and hyssop!”

Are there any Biblical scholars here who could tell me whether Leviticus actually owned a profitable yarn and hyssop business? Because I suspect his recommendations may not have been entirely disinterested.

13 Likes

Late Stage Asshole-ism.

6 Likes

It was a they, not a him - the Levites (the priestly class). So…yes!

4 Likes

Mike Espy, secretary of agriculture in the Clinton admin, resigned amid accusations he accepted skybox tickets to the Dallas Cowboys and some other gifts including airfare.

10 Likes

Perhaps they have to wait until the investigations are done.
In April there were 10:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-25/here-s-a-scorecard-of-the-scott-pruitt-investigations-quicktake
I couldn’t get a current tally:

Relevant quote:

Scott Pruitt is a wart on the Trump administration—an embarrassment so comically corrupt that it’s become impossible to keep track of all the investigations into his unscrupulousness.

11 Likes

Product Placement Proves Profitable Perk of Pruitt’s Political Position

12 Likes

A wart is hard to spot on a toady :wink:

9 Likes

3 Likes

What’s amazing about the Trump administration is not just that they’re a bunch of grifters, but that their grifting is so penny ante (small enough to not be worth going to jail over, but large enough that it’s not innocent mistakes), and that so much of it is so weird.

10 Likes

I don’t think anybody will ever be able to explain the used Trump hotel mattress thing to me to my satisfaction. There is no way that it could ever make any kind of sense in any universe.

6 Likes

But do you really want to know? It’s like staring at an elder god, you will go mad with knowledge.

7 Likes

I read elsewhere that ChikFilA is an easy franchise to get, they don’t require a big upfront payment and they don’t ask a lot of questions about your finances. They supposedly offer that for taking a huge cut of your sales. The Pruitts might be skating on thin ice, financially. Which has never caused problems before with the bribing and the corruption and whatnot.

2 Likes

They’re not just Xtians, they’re control freaks.

1 Like

See? SEE?! The Clinton administration was just as corrupt. Even more so, actually, since what they did was bad enough people had to resign!
/s

13 Likes

Leviticus on mold is my favourite part of the bible.

Does he think “it is a franchise of faith” is an answer to "you used government resources to enrich yourself? I’m trying to draw a line from one thing to the other and failing utterly.

10 Likes

We need a three strikes rule for politicians, with automatic jail terms, even for petty shit like this.

8 Likes

I dunno. I kinda hope Pruitt stays around a while. The crap he does is entertaining, and it’s a constant reminder of how incompetent the Trump administration is. Not that we need it, but still.

2 Likes

I have to believe that Jesus isn’t too impressed when the religious right has made “Christian” synonymous with “asshole”.

2 Likes

In the King James Version it’s not mold, it’s leprosy.

3 Likes

Part of me agrees with you, the other part fears we’ll become (even more) inured to their shenanigans.

1 Like