University dean resigns after school denies Chick-fil-A a location on campus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/07/university-dean-resigns-after.html

7 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

47 Likes

Another conservative Xtian snowflake completely misreads criticism of cultural politicizes as a direct attack on their (“the one true”) religion.

I hope she took a pay cut.

41 Likes

If it weren’t for tenure, I suspect she’d have been fired for her bullshittery.

Amazing how morally pious Christians like this woman take the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE stance Jesus Christ did.

41 Likes

This reverse persecution complex in current conservatism is so dizzying. I mean, if this is what they truly believe, do these people just want to corner the market on hate?

26 Likes

dogma-bob-bye-bye

47 Likes

Martyr Fail

38 Likes

I doubt it; she’s in the business school. The only thing that gets you fired from B-school is slandering (1) the donor the school is named after or (2) the corporations that are funding your research.

29 Likes

passing judgement on Chick-fil-A’s values which are reflective with the values of the Christian as well as other faiths.”

No. Their values aren’t reflective of the values of the Christian faith. They’re reflective of a particular pinched and hateful form of Christianity.

Also, corporations cannot have faith. Not even in the Almighty Dollar.

47 Likes

Not to mention their stance of taking Sundays off was just a response of needing to close things down for one day a week to not feel so overwhelmed.

Yes! Every Chick-fil-A restaurant closes on Sundays, so Team Members are guaranteed at least one weekend day to spend outside of the restaurant. The tradition dates back to Truett Cathy’s original restaurant, The Dwarf Grill, which closed on Sundays because the diner was open 24 hours a day

They just let the Christian community rally around that without complaining because it meant selling more chicken.

21 Likes

Want to mess with them? Point out the Sabbath begins on Friday and ends on Saturday.

21 Likes

“I endeavor every day to do exactly what Chick-fil-A puts forward as its overarching corporate value: to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to me and to have a positive influence on all who come into contact with me," Newman said.

Yeah, sure you did. Chick-fil-A is owned and operated by bigots & racists, a well known fact, well documented too.

28 Likes

They want to be the victim. It makes being the persecutor a lot easier to stomach.

22 Likes

33 Likes

Isn’t that quote about why they didn’t pick Chick-fil-A? From the university not the dean that stepped down.

Quote corrected for proper outrage attribution.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m on hay fever meds, I may have missed the mark, and I apologize profusely. But I stand fully behind that Chick-fil-A is the anti-christ.

17 Likes

So long, loser. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Or, do.

2 Likes

Resigned as dean, still gets a cushy tenured position to preach her bullshit. Yeah, what a fucking martyr.

8 Likes

Personally I would have said that I wouldn’t want to an eatery to operate on a college campus that wasn’t open seven days a week. Many college students don’t have their own vehicles and already have limited choices.

Maybe I’ve just learned to be more political dealing with people like this. Don’t get me wrong that Chik-Fil-a’s politics are bad. I guess it’s just all up to how vocal and open you want to be with sticking it to them.

1 Like

I honestly don’t find Chick-fil-a that good. I’d rather have KFC or Popeye’s, or OFC homemade.

8 Likes