University dean resigns after school denies Chick-fil-A a location on campus

@mmascari I think I got it fixed now, I think.

@anon61833566 : If ammoniated chicken & formaldehyde in your food is appealing, then this is the place.

2 Likes

What? Didn’t she get the NALT memo?

She didn’t really quit - she just had a hissy fit. Kinda like rage quitting here; but not deleting your account.

Not a lot of commitment to her values.

26 Likes

@KathyPartdeux you cut to the bone with Ninja like precision. I like that…

9 Likes

thank%20you%20kind%20sir

14 Likes

Good on the university, i very much avoid the food from that business because of their stance against LGBT

14 Likes

Makes me think of the science of the waffle effect on food texture. There’s greater surface area for a given volume. Crispiness++. What other food can we wafflelize?

Did anyone else cringe at this woman’s issue with prepositions: “reflective with”? Just when I was getting caressed with the angel neurotransmitters/hormones (serotonin, dopamine & oxytocin) from the waffle fries image, here comes missy malaprop with the bad grammar and an onslaught of cortisol.

6 Likes

I have a friend from college who likes to claim to have been, “persecuted for her faith”.

She is referring to people poking fun of her for being a goodie two-shoes. And maybe taking her to task for saying gay people are bad (“bad” not “sinners”).

She does not like it when I point out she needs to review the definition of “persecution” and the history of how it was practiced on religious basis. She really does not like it when I suggest she go ask a Jewish person about it.

25 Likes

Tell her to go talk to some Native Americans or poor Black people, while she’s at it.

27 Likes

The existence of other groups that are not yours and their ability to express opinions you may not agree with is not persecution.

Forcing those opinions on others is.

It’s hard for people to separate expression from persecution. Hell, it’s requires legal scrutiny a lot of times.

And @Melz2 beat me to the fact there’s a long list of perspective she needs to experience.

11 Likes

Or go ask some Christians having secret bible study in China. Christians are persecuted for their faith in plenty of places in the world right now. The US is not one of them.

18 Likes

Most firm and even textured vegetables.

My wife was a professor for 3 years. It is not necessarily cushy or worthwhile.

4 Likes

“we maintain that the decision about choosing an on-campus restaurant franchise was in no way a judgment on religious values”
that this needs to be said about selling chicken sandwiches shows we really are living in the dumbest possible reality

7 Likes

persecution

7 Likes

I read “reflective with the values of the Christian as well as other faiths” multiple times and each time made my skin crawl. The terrible abuse of english by a professor. The terrible denigration of Christianity by a christian. So much in so few words

2 Likes

My advice to the former Dean: if you want to work at a “Christian” school, maybe work somewhere other than Rider. There are plenty out there. Rider is a “nonsectarian” school, says it right on the tin. So I’m not sure what she was expecting them to do.

8 Likes

If she wants to glorify god, that’s fine with me. But according to her own scriptures . . .

““But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence”.”
1 Timothy 2:12

6 Likes

I suspect she left an onerous position of responsibility when her promise to CFA to get them on campus failed & CFA fired her as a lobbyist.
IIRC, Christ didn’t like bigots. His practice was all about welcoming the outsiders & the unwanted, including sex workers & tax collectors.

4 Likes
  1. bye bitch

2. You would think that somebody in business administration would understand that diversity and inclusivity are very good for business, and corporate values do impact your potential customer base

3 Likes