Pruitt tried to illegally get a Chick-fil-A restaurant for his wife because "it is a franchise of faith"

Despite being an incompetently terrible and transparent grifter, he sure seems to be quietly and competently doing everything he can to destroy the environment and undo the Clean Air and Water Acts. Yesterday the EPA rolled out these two whoppers:

https://twitter.com/nadabakos/status/1005049808564965376

The scope of these risk evaluations will no longer include “any potential exposure caused by the substances’ presence in the air, the ground or water,” leaving an “estimated 68 million pounds a year of emissions” unstudied…

And Republicans don’t give a shit about the fact that he’s a corrupt grifter. Nor will they do anything about it. Because he’s getting results.

The frequency with which his appointed officials are accomplishing the latter suggests that they are notably good at the former. Regardless of whether Trump is personally dedicated to tearing down every institution of government for ideological reasons (or even just petty personal or business reasons), the profit-seekers of the elite class have keenly identified this as their chance to get in and loot the place while everyone is distracted by the bloated corrupt bigoted monstrosity in the oval office.

7 Likes

Hope you don’t have kids to enjoy the ruined environment.

Maybe that’s why so few are being brought up on charges. So far, it’s only people who would directly implicate Trump so they need to indict them to flip them. They’re waiting until they knock down the kingpin and he loses pardon power, then they’ll sweep up the rest of the garbage. Hey, a gal can dream…

3 Likes

Eeek. We had mushrooms growing out of a doormat once, when I over-watered some outdoor plants. But this is worse.

1 Like

What the actual fuck?!

5 Likes

You’re in charge of determining my perception of others’ attitudes, now?

I appreciate the notification; having my own opinion was so terribly burdensome.

The one not covered in toxic sludge works for me, thanks.

Well, by all means; let’s send him a bunch of it, stat.

6 Likes

No - entertaining would be a video feed from his prison cell. I’d pay a dollar for that.

5 Likes

I’ve deleted a bunch of comments that are in volation of our community guidelines for being:

1. Not Cool
  2. Offtopic, and
  3. Contentless.

Why this topic of all topics is generating these is lost on me, but hey, it’s Friday. Let’s not continue to go there.

Thanks.

11 Likes

“It’s a franchise of faith” – so obviously neither of the Pruitts had enough faith. Nowhere does the Bible condone the sort of environmental destruction that Pruitt (and Trump) advocate.

While we’re on the subject of the sinfulness of the Trump Or, on Judgement Day (Mathew 25) “I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.”
While we’re on the subject of the sinfulness of the Trump Administration, look at The letter to the Hebrews 13:2–“Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.”

2 Likes

If this falls through, he could always try Los Pollos Hermanos.

1 Like

Seems there has been climate change within the EPA?

1 Like

His job is to take the EPA, a thing librulz like, hostage, and torture it in front of us, so a “deal” can be come to, a Stockholm Accord.

Have you met pathological narcissists?

1 Like

I bet that translates into “This is a good way to avoid paying for ANY testing for and removal of asbestos in any of my properties, and if anyone dies a horrific death, well, I didn’t force them to go into those buildings.”

3 Likes

Wow. That’s not opening up a franchise, it’s paying a 5 figure fee to become general manager in someone else’s company, and taking on the financial and legal liability if something goes wrong in your specific store. You can’t sell it, you can’t leave it in your will. And it doesn’t look like an operator gets paid all that well.

The Scientology of the Freeway offramps.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.