Psychiatrist who "cured" gays busted for gay sex with clients

But can you build a bridge out of him?

3 Likes

In all seriousness: I once had a psychiatrist whose theory was that any issue I faced could be solved with gay sex. I talked about issues I was having in my workplace; he suggested I go to a gay cowboy bar and get a blowjob. I talked about insecurities in my relationship; he insisted that I join a men’s glee club for “easy hookups”. I kept wondering when he’d try something with me like the guy in this story, but thankfully he never did.

7 Likes

Projection is a funny thing. Not funny ha-ha. Funny “get me away from this freak.”

6 Likes

0_0

You kept going to this psychiatrist?

Unless of course this proved to be good advice, in which case nevermind.

3 Likes

I was young and it was my first psychiatry experience, so I was intimidated by the idea of firing a “medical professional”. But after two sessions of this I called my health insurance and spoke to someone and they said “he’s very highly recommended, I suggest sticking with it.” He just got creepier so I quit after a few more sessions. And no, I never took his advice.

7 Likes

Sometimes an intractable workplace issue is just an intractable workplace issue.

1 Like

shockedimshockedtruly.

And that’s how predators get to stay predators.

3 Likes

Well, for what it’s worth, I reported him to the insurance agency after I switched doctors, and about a year later they let me know that he’d lost his license and moved out of town. I’m not sure what went down but I don’t think he got to remain a predator.

4 Likes

Sounds like he lost his hunting blind, but dollars to donuts he’s a predator today.

I am so surprised by this turn of events!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.