Public video portal between New York and Dublin shut down after tits flashed

Or Chatroulette

5 Likes

In New York City, it’s been legal to be topless since 1992 in certain circumstances.

Public indecency is allegedly a seperate thing entirely, and we can’t have that. WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHIL- ::gets yanked offstage:: /sarcasm

8 Likes

This is why we can’t have good tits, euh I mean things.

3 Likes

Hopefully a Department of Temporal Investigations covert team could erect a force field around the Guardian to prevent anyone from passing through it before that happens here. The DTI has sent its most experienced team to handle this sensitive mission discreetly: Officers O’Neill, Carter, Jackson, and Teal’c. [Dulmur and Lucsly were on another mission at the time.]

1 Like

if we had more relaxed attitudes in the states, “flashing” tits wouldn’t really be a thing.

it’s my understanding in europe it’s perfectly legal in most of the EU to sunbathe topless (i don’t know how often people DO it in colder places like ireland)

when you’re at a festival or a beach it loses the forbidden aspect and isn’t super purient to people out of their teens

perhaps a polite thumbs up?

tenor-159869211

the predecessor was called “chat roulette” for a reason

image-placeholder-title-232

4 Likes

Better headline, links:

6 Likes

It’s NOT a crime in New York.

5 Likes

“This was a triumph”

2 Likes

The project has been nipped in the boob.

2 Likes

Have an AI detect tits, moons, etc, and close the iris.

5 Likes

Women baring their breasts in New York State is not considered public nudity, just if this informs.

Court ruling on it statewide came down in 2022; within NYC specifically been legal since 1992.

No idea on the Dublin side :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

This sounds like an opportunity to practice your sign language, although there is the nearly universally decried one of Bigby’s Offensive Middle Digit.

3 Likes

It’s fundamentally a time zone difference problem - we’ve got 1am public behavior running into an 8pm audience (and then in return, 3am behavior with an 8am audience). The 1am group is all adults, more inebriated, and with a limited local audience with a cover of darkness. The 8pm audience is… not those things. There are two different sets of expectations of what you can get away with in public that are running into each other.

6 Likes

There would still likely be a pretty big communication gap since the dominant sign language in NYC is American Sign Language (ASL) and the dominant sign language used in Dublin is Irish Sign Language (ISL).

3 Likes

yeah, came here to say this. there were bad actors on both sides of this. i would expect people flipping each other off (jokingly), but the 9/11 thing is really uncool. as for nudity, i don’t know why they didn’t expect such a thing, either. If it’s really an artistic experiment, they should be inclined to keep it going.

5 Likes

I guess because the one they had up between Dublin and (MIT) many, many years ago (15?) was indoors but public.

Also if you walked around Dublin City, and not just North Central where this was, you would notice the smell of weed everywhere, all the time. While visiting London and Brighton with my 16 year old the other week she was pointing out this was not the norm everywhere. I don’t travel much these years and had assumed it was.

So of course nudity was the norm.

3 Likes

Free the nipple.

4 Likes

I’m quite unsure as to what there is to fix.

I go to a lot of kink or Pagan events where nudity is really common. We’re having our yearly camping event in less than a month and some people do stay nude the entire week.

Yeah, the first time or two you visit something like that, it’s certainly prurient, possibly even more than “normal” nudity since many people are naked, not just nude. :wink: However it very quickly loses that forbidden feeling and just isn’t a big deal. (I find it’s much harder for me to go back to the world that requires clothing than it is for me to go to the one that doesn’t.)

5 Likes

One would think that was the original purpose - or was it to show bare asses?

1 Like

Inebriated? In Dublin? That doesn’t sound right.

4 Likes