Public video portal between New York and Dublin shut down after tits flashed

When I was younger I really wanted to move to SF, but all I could muster was a few summers there.

Nudity was technically legal, but some dudes who rode the lightning in the castro too hard killed the fun and now you gotta go to berkley for that kind of thing.

Honestly, I don’t get it.

Like I get topless but… bottomless, you’re putting a towel down everywhere anyway, so it makes sense to at least have some shorts for a phone and a bit of cash or a debit card.

One of our community rules - yes, you can be naked in the club / campground past the gatehouse / etc, but you either have something to put under your butt when you sit on the furniture, or you sit on the ground. Your choice! (Or, you know, your partner(‘s/s’) choice.

You should also wear sunscreen at the campground, but we don’t actually have a rule on that. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

The first pair of portals by this creative team opened in 2021 between Vilnius, Lithuania and Lublin, Poland. It was briefly popular, but now whenever I’ve been in the area people on both sides don’t seem to be paying much attention to the screen. This is what it typically looks like:

7 Likes

I read a story about a Dubliner playing rock, paper, scissors with New Yorkers which sounded a sweet thing.

5 Likes

We had one about 30 years ago at work as an experiment between our industrial design labs in Canada and the UK. Company paid a ton for a (I think) T1 line between the two that was live 24/7.

4 Likes

Ná bí ag flashiocht na boobaní

7 Likes

Wow this article has created a lot of discussion lol

the lack of parallax is understandable but ruins the illusion of it being more than a video screen. needs more autostereoscopy maybe

2 Likes

10 Likes

To be fair, there seems to be quite a lot of people who are indeed, this out of touch…

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

1 Like

Pour one out for the portal!

1 Like

I’m not actually convinced they are sorry for mooning….

2 Likes

There must be more instances of people mooning the portal than flashing?

Safer to moon the portal than to portal the moon.

moon

2 Likes

Wasn’t this already done a few years ago with a steampunk transatlantic tunnel gimmick?

The thumping sounds of New Yorkers getting vaporized as they try to pass through to Dublin… heh.

2 Likes

How’s 1988? Does 1988 seem likely? Because:

3 Likes

I miss Nanci Griffith! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sob: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Now we may never settle the debate on which town has the best tits.

1 Like

They don’t have tits in New York, they have chickadees.

8 Likes