Publisher cancels Chris Cuomo’s upcoming book

Originally published at: Publisher cancels Chris Cuomo's upcoming book | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

16 Likes

This guy walks into a resort in the Catskills – one of those famous Borscht Belt places. Some of the old time comics are sitting around telling jokes. One of them says “Seventeen” and the other old timers all roar with laughter. A little later, another one of them says “Thirty-Two” and again, they all laugh and holler.

Well, the new guy can’t figure out what’s going on, so he asks one of the locals next to him “What’re these old-timers doing?” The local says “Well, they’ve been hanging around together so long they all know all the same jokes, so to save extra talking they’ve given all the jokes numbers.”

The new fellow says “That’s clever! I think I’ll try that.”

So he stands up and says in a loud voice “Nineteen!”

Silence

Everybody just looks at him, but nobody laughs. Embarrassed, he sits down again, and asks the local fellow “What happened? Why didn’t anyone laugh?” The local says “Well, son, you just didn’t tell it right…”

EDIT: I realize now that because I have a bunch of script-blockers installed with my browser, I’m not seeing animated .gifs properly, but instead just a title of the .gif in question, (“Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live”) which I thought was the actual message I was replying to. Duh.

5 Likes

originally titled “Deep Denial.”

10 Likes

You really want his contract paid out that much? /s (typo alert)

3 Likes

The rational part of me wants CNN to pay the contract, just so their lawyers learn “the hard way”; ensuring they add a “no harassment” clause and “no ethics violations” clause to every future contract.

The human part of me wants them to pay it out, too, so his victims will get compensated to the tune of “whatever he’s got.”

5 Likes

I think this one works better set in a prison.

3 Likes

That would be nice, but he’s a member of the ruling class and those things don’t happen to people like him.

I’m sure there were some clauses in his contract to that effect. The argument will be about whether or not he violated them. I’m sure they’ll end up settling and paying him something.

1 Like

Pay the ticket and move on. Small money for CNN. I’m not missing the Cuomo Brothers. People rise and fall fast in NYC.

2 Likes

Wait wait! Isn’t the script that since he’s a “liberal”, we’re supposed to circle the wagons, say that what he did really wasn’t that bad, and say that it’s right wing interests that are “canceling” him?

No? It’s only the other side that stoops that low?

4 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve read a version set in a Soviet gulag. The prisoners will be punished for telling political jokes, so they have numbered and memorised their favourites.

2 Likes

I feel like a broken record. But NY is a big state. Andrew was Governor for a decade. And no bit of his 30+ year political career ran through NYC. The capital of the state is Albany. His father was also Governor.

Chris’ career sat largely in NYC, cause that’s where cable news be. But again he’s been at it for around 20 years.

None of this is “fast”, none of it is to do with NYC.

This was exactly the line from older, “moderate” Dems on Andrew till the Attorney General Office’s report hit.

3 Likes

And with the punchline “Some people just know how to tell 'em.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.