‘Pulp Fiction In Space’

Blood floats and nobody can hear you scream in space but, the sound track is sure to be awesome.

5 Likes

Pulp Fiction in space? Like Cowboy Bebop?

6 Likes

It keeps popping up on my news feed that he famously said that he would retire after making his 10th movie, and this would be it. But now he’s rule-haggling, saying that a Star Trek movie wouldn’t count, because it wouldn’t be an all original Tarantino product.

4 Likes

lol indeed!

With any luck Uma will play a role. It seems she’s open to working with him even after that car crash incident.

If Uma doesn’t I just read where her daughter, Maya Thurman-Hawke, is already working with Quentin on some other project.

(My wife went to grade school with Uma so, we’re always pulling for her!)

4 Likes

If he means it’s more anthology-like then I’m for it. If he means it’s going to be full of violence and stuff… Nah…

best read the original

3 Likes

I thought she was good in the new season of Stranger Things and I could see the resemblance with Uma.

My wife has written off some people in Hollywood, and that includes Tarantino and DiCaprio, so I’ll be going to Once Upon a Time In Hollywood alone, as well as this Trek movie, if it ever happens.

1 Like

Star Trek has had an interesting bifurcation. The Kelvinverse started off okay, but it’s not ageing well. J.J. Abrams packed so much fan service into it that there was hardly room for anything else. Meanwhile, the CBS efforts started off more or less making as big a change as could be made with the new Klingons and giving Spock a foster sister, and then started working their way back into canon with neat touches and a second season that felt more like the soul of Trek.

(A side note: since I live in Europe, I don’t have to subscribe to CBS All Access or whatever they call their “premium” thingy, as it’s available as a “Netflix original series”.)

Now, I have no real hopes for Tarantino to be really doing Star Trek, but a Tarantino movie with Trek trappings. So with expectations like that, I hope he can exceed them.

2 Likes

SAM JACKSON (pointing hand phaser at hapless redshirt): What does Kollos look like?

Redshirt: Uh, I don’t know—Medusans keep hidden since their appearance drives other species insane?

JACKSON: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

4 Likes

PulpFiction_SciFi

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.