Quentin Tarantino quietly kills his intended final film

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/18/quentin-tarantino-quietly-kills-his-intended-final-film.html

8 Likes

Good. I’ve had enough of masturbatory Hollywood inside stories.

I mean, I get that they want to talk about their own world and “write what you know” and all that, but I’m just not that interested in that sort of thing.

28 Likes

I heard this on here last year:

The show bizniz kids are making movies bout themselves, you know they don’t give a fuck about anybody else…

13 Likes

Sometimes it’s best to drop something that isn’t working. That’s not really changing your mind, it’s more a decision to avoid the sunk cost fallacy.

For those who need to watch an industry circle jerk, the Oscars provide an annual event.

21 Likes

He shouldn’t have told anyone about his 10 film limit. Now there’s a huge amount of pressure for the last one to be the best (or at least on par with the previous films) and as a result, he’ll be second guessing himself and stuff like this will happen.

12 Likes

The R-rated Star Trek movie. Lower Decks is the bloodiest, sexiest Trek franchise, and it’s wrapping up with it’s fifth season. It’s credits feature a bat’leth stabbing, which is Tarantino’s speed.

The cast will be likely available, it can be half live action, half animated, and any other Trek actors from other franchises can get involved.

9 Likes

One of two things happened: 1) he decided Jon Lovitz is now too old and doesn’t want to recast, or 2) he did a tenth draft of the script and decided…

18 Likes

No Thank You Reaction GIF

10 Likes

Huh - go figure. I would have expected him to kill it in a loud, dramatic, blood-soaked orgy of extreme violence.

17 Likes

Maybe he couldn’t find a way to give himself a cameo where he drops 50 N-words gratuitously, or couldn’t find a way to showcase a female lead’s feet so he decided to scrap it and start over :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

Or maybe if you’ve made the decision to limit yourself to only ten films, when you have one last one to make you start second-guessing yourself.

3 Likes

If he stops at nine movies, he’s still within his self-imposed limit. Just walking away from directing movies now would be an acceptable move.

8 Likes

But the sequel’s title practically writes itself!

15 Likes

Maybe if he does a tenth movie it’ll be about something more interesting than a movie critic. Here’s hoping.

5 Likes

i like his movies. i bet he’ll change his mind about this again in a few months.

4 Likes

Seriously. I remember watching Once Upon a Time In Hollywood and thinking " he almost did it, he almost made a good film that isn’t cartoonsly stupid and drenched in pointless violence." Then the last 10 minutes happened.

4 Likes

Chekov’s flamethrower

3 Likes

Could say the same for Hateful 8. Thought the movie was pretty good until the last 1/3rd of the film. Honestly though i think Tarantino, while effective in specific ways as a filmmaker, i find him highly overrated. He’s also a garbage person so i’m likely biased.

5 Likes

Jackie Brown II?

1 Like

After the events of Jackie Brown Max, weary of associating with potentially dangerous criminals, decided to leave behind the tumultuous life of a bail bondsman to start a small business under an assumed name in Albuquerque.

9 Likes