Punched Nazi Richard Spencer ejected from Conservative conference

Totally different. Spencer got sucker-punched, in public, and Trump doesn’t like losers.

10 Likes

That, or CPAC is now coming out and saying that Nazis are, in fact, not hardcore ENOUGH.

8 Likes

Kind of like “Democratic Republic of the Congo.”

20 Likes

I doubt that. Maybe I’m wrong, but it’s all about delegitimizing all left-leaning politics. There has been a steady and consistent attempt to literally pin all the bad things on the left by conservative activists. There are conservative historians who have made Wilson out to be the worst president, not because he was racists and courted racists, but because he was progressive for example. Same with trying to redefine who the nazis were. This is like the ahistorical argument that the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery. It’s just false. It pains me that people actually believe it.

35 Likes

Man, they kicked him out as an attendee after he bought a ticket and everything? These conservative snowflakes sure need their safe spaces, where people associated with them, but from whom they’d like to publicly distance themselves, get banned. Sad! Where’s Trumpie to defend his “free speech rights”?

The whole thing doesn’t even begin to make sense. We’ve got Spencer’s acolyte Miller working in the White House and one is fine and the other isn’t. Although I guess all this really means is if Spencer got elected president, they’d have to change their position dramatically.

If that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right.

No, you’re not wrong, that’s exactly what’s going on.

12 Likes

If we’re right-wing, doesn’t that mean that anyone who doesn’t agree with us is wrong-wing? What, they call themselves, “left”? What is that supposed to mean?

11 Likes

Sorry, I should have made my sarcasm clearer. I agree 110% with everything you’re saying. I’ve actually had that Civil War argument with my dad, who’s read enough books that he should know better.

9 Likes

Came to say the same thing :smiley:

As much as Spencer deserves every public humiliation which comes his way, the Right really is living up (down?) to its stereotype.

4 Likes

That’s gotta sting, man. You’d think that the turd would reconsider his stance when Depeche Mode tells him to. But nope.

4 Likes

I’m afraid I can’t in good conscience support the message shown on that button.

I mean, just look at that kerning. “AL T-RIGHT”?

11 Likes

FWIW, it’s $1.50.

Linky: http://crizzlesbuttons.ecrater.com/p/25438119/good-night-alt-right-pinback

EDIT: Umm…uh…wrong thread for that image. Sorry, Darlene, Lorry, my mistake.

6 Likes

Oh! Sometimes it’s hard to tell on the internets!

Yeah…this sort of thing is ideological BS that’s being fed to people online and on places like Fox.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Why the hell are DM having to defend their politics these days?

It’s always been clear to me.

14 Likes

I know, right.

4 Likes

The mind reels at how someone could say with a straight face that a political movement called the “alt-right” is on the left. What’s next from this moron? War is peace? Hate is Love? 2+2 = 5?

18 Likes

That is literally the only argument I’ve ever seen on this topic: See it’s in the name!

4 Likes

Or the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.

18 Likes

American conservatism, in characterizing the left - intolerant, refusing to allow other voices, demanding safe spaces, the enemy of religious liberty, behind the alt-right and Nazis - is like the narrator of HP Lovecraft’s The Outsider, where the monster that’s been menacing them is actually their own reflection. Someday they’ll finally touch the mirror and realize, “Gasp - but I’m right handed and the guy in the window is clearly left handed! How can it be? The ‘left’ was me, all along!”

15 Likes

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

• Voltaire

So, yes, all that is on its way, if we keep going in this direction. I think it’s like the Nigerian Prince scams, that are so transparently obvious, but it weeds out the marks who might think too deeply about the bullshit.

If we don’t get together to tell the Emperor that he is naked, he’s going to continue to act as if his new clothes are the best clothes. Big league clothes. Tremendous.

13 Likes