Push pop fidget toys are the new spinners

Originally published at: Push pop fidget toys are the new spinners | Boing Boing

4 Likes

28 popples? so close to a decent calendar, yet so february

9 Likes

Funny. I saw this for sale in a local board game shop, but it was marketed as a two-player strategy game. It was basically the matchstick game (last one to pick up a match loses), but with some additional rule about only being able to “pop” bubbles in one row. I can’t readily find anyone selling it that way now online.

3 Likes

Never heard of this until my 12-year-old asked for one last week. Now they are everywhere (even on unlinked/non-tracked devices).

2 Likes

These round ones are exactly the same objects as the game Last Mouse Lost (which I assume is what @HorsePunchkid saw. Perhaps the game wasn’t selling too well, and they offloaded a bunch of stock, only to find a new market?

https://specialneedstoys.com/usa/tactile/last-mouse-lost.html

Yes, the game is just Nim. My 4- and 7-year-olds almost have the strategy, and can beat their friends, but I can still beat them…

5 Likes

i’m not sure i’ve seen this exact one before but i have seem somewhat similar designs. I like these kinds of tactile objects, not sure i would want to buy one though. I’d likely mess with it for 5 minutes and never use it again :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

reddwarf.fandom.com/wiki/Tension_Sheet

3 Likes

Co-marketing opportunity with the Pringles brand…

1 Like

where oh where is the Rubik’s cube of push pop…

Hm. At 28 bits per disk, it’s pretty low density as a computational storage medium.

4 Likes

well YOU can just tell my sponsor why I’m BACK IN REHAB

2 Likes

But that’s enough to make a computer, right?

2 Likes

The problem with any fidget toy is that it’s too deliberate or planned. If you’re a fidgeter a big part of doing what you’re doing is the randomness of picking up something and fidgeting – any small object that’s within reach. Most fidgeting is unconscious, at least for ADHDers. All my life I’ve been told to “stop that”, completely unaware that I was, for instance, playing with the light switch on the table lamp.

1 Like

Nim? That game was computerized in the 60’s.

The Unbeatable Game from the 60s: Dr NIM

[Stand-up Maths]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.