Putin expresses doubt in Trump and America over protests

Well, not everything, just the sort of stuff mentioned by @Mongrove above.

If you don’t think the Putin regime has an interest in exacerbating and sometimes sowing division and chaos in Western countries for its own benefit, you’re not as familiar with current Russian geopolitical doctrine as others here. Thanks to @Purplecat for saving me the trouble of posting the relevant link to the Dugin book.

18 Likes

But the current division and chaos is not Putin’s fault?

Per capita, Russia ranks #30 in cases and #45 in deaths.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdUOA?Si
(it’s half a million cases total, not per day)

1 Like

I wouldn’t blame its root causes on the Putin regime. But the usual Russian troll accounts have been busy trying to make the current division and chaos worse.

12 Likes

GOP assholes indicating that some forms of gun control do not necessarily contradict the 2nd amendment in 10, 9, 8, 7, …

17 Likes

Problem with useful idiot is that idiot is idiot. (read with Russian accent, of course)

15 Likes

Putin wants a weak America.
Not a America that is utterly unpredictable and unreliable.

15 Likes

The line between those outcomes is a very thin one. Which is one of the reasons that Putin signalling to his asset that he needs to cool it a little (while squeezing out a little propaganda victory in the process).

15 Likes

We’re well over that line. This is much more than Putin bargained for, but the genie is out of the bottle now. No one can “control” Trump.
The other thin line that this whole mess has crossed is the one that separates assets and liabilities.

16 Likes

Not even in the need to send cops as he could count on locals this time.

My take on this is that Putin is belittling trumps ego by saying he cannot control his people and thus he needs to crack down on the peaceful protests, furthering the divide in our country, not cooling it down.

17 Likes

Every time 45’s supporters ignore what is happening, it reminds me of Data’s struggles with the settlers in “The Ensigns of Command.” I get the feeling this is why government officials went along with the demands to reopen everything, because show works better than tell with that crowd:

Sometimes, I wonder what percentage of those folks (in a similar scenario) would argue to the end that Data was exaggerating, and decide to stay and take their chances with the Sheliak.

7 Likes

Meanwhile, in the White House bunker:

3 Likes

Well spotted. I’ve corrected the original post.

5 Likes

Not months, just a few minutes…

6 Likes

But is he actually fired? Trump claims he has nothing to do it. Can Barr actually do it without any official word from Trump? I could see Berman sticking it out until Trump actually, and publicly, fires him himself.

3 Likes

“President Trump on Saturday personally fired the United States Attorney in Manhattan, Geoffrey S. Berman, whose office has pursued one case after another that has rankled the president and his allies, putting his former personal lawyer in prison and investigating his current one.”

7 Likes

When your assets become beyond your control, you liquidate them. Isn’t that what the manual says?

5 Likes

Not on this level.

3 Likes