Putin expresses doubt in Trump and America over protests

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/20/putin-expresses-doubt-in-trump.html

10 Likes

2020, when a Russian spymaster expresses his displeasure with the performance of one of his assets in the mass media.

57 Likes

Putin plays his own distraction games. I rather suspect we will (eventually) see some pretty horrible C19 statistics out of Russia.

20 Likes

Putin becomes concerned that he may have been overly successful.

27 Likes

Putin is questioning honor among thieves.

25 Likes

I always thought of Trump as Nero but he was the fiddle all along.

41 Likes

Russian strategy for years has been to make America seem unstable and unreliable to other nations, so as to undermine faith in alliances and America’s leadership. So Putin’s comment here is literally the laziest, cheapest, and most direct Russian propaganda could be.

30 Likes

Trump doubles-down on violent suppression of protests in 3…2…1…

12 Likes

4 Likes

You can always trust a former KGB spy-- you can trust everything he does is a chess move of some kind.

14 Likes

When they go low; Putin swings the axe.

9 Likes

So much for prosecutorial hopes in SDNY:

7 Likes

But still spot on.

I’m not so sure. Removing Berman will likely take months, well past November. In the meantime, he seems determined to proceed with prosecutions.

10 Likes
15 Likes

This, a million times. A second term for Trump may or may not be useful for Russian interests. I will not be surprised to hear that Russia is meddling in the 2020 election to support Democrats, because it will completely undermine both parties. Republicans can’t investigate too much or complain too loudly, because of course their guy was supported in 2016. Not that they won’t complain or investigate, but it will involve even more contortions than usual.

If Biden wins, there will always be questions as to the legitimacy of his presidency. Democrats will be hard-pressed to say that the election wasn’t fair, that Biden didn’t legitimately win and shouldn’t be president, because Jesus effing Christ, that means Trump gets another four years.

It’s not like Biden is a particularly strong candidate, anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if Russia had a side-campaign to support his nomination, because he won’t be the hardliner that, say, Hillary would have been.

It’s all about causing chaos, weakening America, continuing and strengthening the culture war so we’re fighting each other, and diminishing our standing on the world scene. We’ve seen and done this exact thing to other countries, none of this should be a surprise.

20 Likes

Anybody disagree with that?

But, of course, everything wrong with America is Putin’s fault. :roll_eyes:

Said no-one, ever on this site. But feel free to keep arguing with straw men here.

30 Likes
10 Likes

They’ve already got it bad. It’s currently at over half a million cases over there, and increasing at 8k a day according to the official figures:

All according to plan:

11 Likes