Putin grants Russian citizenship to Steven Seagal

Although Adrian Paul was fine in the 90’s…

5 Likes

Russia’s acting talent was boosted immensely when they gave citizenship to Gérard Depardieu.

This kind of brings them back down to where they were before.

3 Likes

Wasn’t Bardot going to get Russian citizenship too?

Appropriately - a thread of badly photoshopped stills of Steven with guns replaced with innocuous items.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/preview/abovethelol-1768966938

9 Likes

Sending all the crazies to Russia doesn’t seem like such a bad idea.

######(except maybe if you’re Russian, sorry tovarisch!)

…Lambert was better in the 80s. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

While I went on to see Letters from a Dead Man, Comissar, and Man with the Movie Camera, my introduction to Russian cinema was an English dub of Ilya Muromet. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilya_Muromets_(film)

1 Like

Define “popular.”

How about a Kickstarter to buy him a damn plane ticket?

1 Like

I met him a few years ago at a comic con, where he signed my Highlander series box set; trust me, he’s still fine now. :grin: Sure, he looks a bit older, but the years have been kind to him.

“There can be only one…”

But of course.

Edited because I mispelled Highlander.

3 Likes

Hey, I saw him too at a comic-con and got his autograph. He was super nice and chit chatted with me and my kid. I did tell him my story about growing my hair out.

And yeah, he has kept him self up.

1 Like

I hate to be the one to tell you, but comic cons are notorious for scams like that. :wink:

1 Like

You’re right. I mistyped it. It’s fixed now. Hey, it was late at night, I was tired, and I was using my phone. No need to lose my head over it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Mister44: he was super nice to me too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Another pun-friendly action star of the era…

3 Likes

I don’t know if I would be pissed or thrilled to get like a Chinese knock of of Highlander…

OH - in college, on an old Amiga, I made a short Highlander animation. I have a copy of it on VHS somewhere, and some where probably have the Amiga files on floppy - but have no idea if I could get them read on something today.

This would have been all hand drawn WITH A MOUSE in a paint like program.

3 Likes

It wasn’t a knockoff. I actually got it from the official merch company (they had a great deal); though I can’t recommend dealing with them as they will keep calling you back to try and persuade you to buy more merch. :rage: Mine was a one-time splurge and I eventually persuaded them to quit calling me.

I can’t say whether or not the Chinese knock offs are any good. I’m a little curious, since I already own seasons one and two of Twin Peaks and the only way to get a separate pilot is to get a Chinese release. I haven’t tried yet.

…and bringing us back to topic (before Falcor notices): will Steven Segall bootlegs now be Russian?

In Deluxe Paint? I remember doing some crude animations in it on an Amiga 1000.

(What thread is this? Oh Steven Seagal, action films… Got it, carry on…)

1 Like

Yes, I think so… so long ago.

I wish Segal would give me one of his Katanas so I could be like a real Highlander. The immortal - not the Scottish clans who used European swords.

1 Like

Is it pedophilia or garden variety sexual assault segael is guilty of?

Smorgasbord.

2 Likes

Gratsi. Knew he was a scumbag for something involving his beanpole but forgot what.