Russian president Vladimir Putin gives Steven Seagal an award for being there

Originally published at: Russian president Vladimir Putin gives Steven Seagal an award for being there | Boing Boing

9 Likes

TBF, that describes his entire career. He’s the martial arts opposite of Jackie Chan, who is never still.

35 Likes

America gets the real prize, not having to put up with this fascist-loving blowhard.

38 Likes

Although Seagal moves as little as possible, he has stirred himself to endorse the war by visiting the occupied Donbas and appearing on Russian television to denounce Ukraine. He previously declared that the annexation of Crimea was “very reasonable”.

17 Likes

It’s weird how many conservative boomers are offered and accept “participation awards”.

It’s always projection…

29 Likes

You know who else won an award for Being There…

14 Likes

Kids these days get participation awards. Boomers get lifetime achievement awards. Big difference.

9 Likes

Where’s mine? I’ve been here all these years.

12 Likes

You can tell a lot about a person by the company they choose to keep.

9 Likes

Game Show Love GIF by ABC Network

8 Likes

I liked the Peter Sellers version better.

being-there

14 Likes

Isn’t that the same version? :thinking: (Melvyn Douglas won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar).

9 Likes

Admittedly, I never bothered to fill out the application for mine

6 Likes

Steven Seagal: Friend of Russia, Foe of all-you-can-eat buffets worldwide.

11 Likes

The original Gravy SEAL.

16 Likes

Also you can tell a lot about Steven Seagal by what an enormous asshole he’s been all his life.

17 Likes

I was talking about Putin :smile::smile::smile:

16 Likes

putin_laugh

I feel like this requires a meme…

21 Likes

Seagal is such a legendary “tough guy” that it would be nice to see Putin send him to the front lines in Ukraine to save Russia.

10 Likes

Parachute him in as airburst ordnance.

10 Likes