Putin: Russia hopes Trump will visit Moscow for Victory Day ('May Day')

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/14/putin-russia-hopes-trump-will.html

“It would be the right (thing). But it’s not up to us to decide,” Putin said.

4 Likes

Victory Day (May 9th) and May Day (May 1st) are different holidays.

11 Likes

But will they kiss? So much (little) character development and tension throughout the story thus far!

8 Likes

I hope he doesn’t make it to May, one way or another. But that’s not up for us to decide either.

4 Likes

Russia hopes Trump will visit Moscow

The USA hopes tRump won’t come back.

15 Likes

I hope he doesn’t make it to May, one way or another. But that’s not up for us to decide either.

That would require representative democracy here, which we gave up on at least a while back.

KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES!

1 Like

They are, but from what I have gathered it’s like “the new May Day”.

Of course. An old KGB hand knows how much more effective de-briefing and tasking an asset is when it’s done face-to-face.

10 Likes

11 Likes

No 25-cent raise this year due to impeachment hearings…

2 Likes

“Some ancient and modern sources suggest a fairly standard processional order. First came the captive leaders, allies, and soldiers (and sometimes their families) usually walking in chains; some were destined for execution or further display.”

I hope Tяump and family have started training for the long, grueling parade.

4 Likes

Trump is dumb enough to believe he would be the guest of honor when he’d actually be the dancing bear.

11 Likes

Russia hopes Trump will visit Moscow for Victory Day

I hope the CIA will be able to secretly install recording devices into all of Trump’s clothing and up his keister.

2 Likes

No backsies!

5 Likes

Oh no, I’m not talking about voting him out. I’m willing to settle for the divine punching his ticket, or really anything that removes him from our timeline.

1 Like

Based on an actual occurrence (scratch one inexperienced Siberian tour guide)… attempting to down vodka (in sub-zero outdoors) would do it instantly.

USA. One on a very long international list.

3 Likes

Great opportunity to request asylum and avoid prosecution.

1 Like

So, what happens when a sitting president defects to another country? I’m sure they could invalidate the existing nuclear launch codes, but all of the other stuff that a president gets to hear that’s top secret would be up for grabs. I’m also curious as to what happens when an ex-president does this.

2 Likes

Trump is going to stay there, isn’t he?