Puzder to withdraw labor secretary nomination, as Team Trump fails and flails

Does he understand that he’s “done” with the rally’s? He needs to actually…oh…be “Presidential?”

5 Likes

He’s trying to rally his supporters, since he’s under fire by the judiciary, the press and, um, facts. (Though I’m not sure what he thinks they’re going to do to help him, beside stroke his ego. Maybe that’s enough for him.) He’s also a filed candidate running in the 2020 election already.

Ultimately, however, this indicates that he didn’t run for president so much as for Führer.

10 Likes

Why the hell does he need a rally at this point in time? OK, let me rephrase: why the hell does he THINK he needs a rally?

9 Likes

Because he needs to reassure himself that there are still nameless masses who love him.

I don’t know what’ll happen as those get harder to find but I suspect it won’t be pretty.

12 Likes

Someone needs to make a metaphor out of the gif stat!

1 Like

Oh he will pack’em in all right.

8 Likes

Apparently sworn court testimony of same doesn’t cut it.

10 Likes

23 Likes

He was sufficiently opposed to the purpose of the department of labor, but he wasn’t sufficiently ignorant of the topic altogether to be a good fit with the rest of the administration.

2 Likes

I hereby assert that it is impossible to “Godwin” a Drumpf thread

8 Likes

This is what he truly thinks being president is: being a celebrity, appearing in front of big crowds, having fans, being newsworthy, showing how powerful you are.

I mean, he clearly has no interest in (or aptitude for) policy, compromise, diplomacy, deciphering the Constitution, history, managing federal agencies, following governmental procedures, choosing neckties of the appropriate length… I could go on.

14 Likes

Heh, Spicer really is a tool:

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said that Trump will not be issuing a statement on Puzder’s withdrawal. Even though it was the GOP that turned on Puzder, he blamed Senate Democrats for obstructing the president. All of Trump’s Cabinet nominees can be confirmed without Democratic votes.

“There is no focus on these guys having a double standard for which they had with Obama nominees. It’s just ridiculous,” Spicer said. “He was not given a hearing.”

11 Likes

Really?
Yeesh.

2 Likes

Both spicy and conjob are worthless - to the wider public - in their roles. They either lie constantly, or are oblivious to what is going on (“complete confidence”?). They don’t inform with regards to what Drumpf might do next or why he’s done something. There is no point talking to them, except for shits and giggles to predict their next furphy.

8 Likes

Perhaps this is why the GOP senators were opposing him:

4 Likes

That seems like a reason for Trump to refuse to support him which raises the question, what kind of vetting are they doing?

1 Like

Trump’s vetting is just based on where they are on the Rich List.

8 Likes

Oh no! Now where are they going to find new douchebags to replace Puzder and Flynn in the cabinet?

Who knew that America’s most urgent problem was a critical shortage of rich douchebags?

11 Likes

Hopefully not “extreme vetting”.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought this guy had any shame.

2 Likes