Qantas delays flight because of wifi network named "Detonation Device"

@M_Dub, math is something for your list

2 Likes

Crap. I’ve had people glance at my mathematical scribblings on flights, but it never occurred to me that it could get me in trouble.

2 Likes

I thought about paging @M_Dub but math scared a 30-ish woman, not the police.

but the description of his doing was taken serious enough that some agency interviewed/interrogated him

1 Like

True. But it sounds like (according to Menzio) they were actually respectful. I think the airline and the LEOs are just happy that it wasn’t them this time.

See something, say something is a rather stupid policy.

1 Like

Crap, that makes me wonder how scary it must be when I occasionally work on a programming problem on the plane. Pages and pages of code scrolling over the screen and filling notebooks pages…

1 Like

It’s hard to imagine a terrorist who would deliberately name their detonation device “detonation device,”

Maybe, but BoingBoing is the site that told me of terrorists whose plans were contained in an unencrypted folder called “TARGET.”

https://boingboing.net/2016/04/14/brussels-terrorists-kept-their.html

2 Likes

I allways love using NSA_SURVEILLANCE_VAN_512 as my preferred wifi source. Should I be worried?

2 Likes

There is no less friendly way to travel than by air. Why? Because of a successful terror plot that could have been thwarted by a locked door.

1 Like

I LOVE saying that! But only about things like, “There’s not enough CPU time to get that done between now and then.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.