Queen of England "has entered a new phase," will re-emerge next year, MSN reports

Originally published at: Queen of England "has entered a new phase," will re-emerge next year, MSN reports | Boing Boing

7 Likes

:thinking:

25 Likes

Is she going to regenerate?
Explode David Tennant GIF by Doctor Who

27 Likes

queen elizabeth picture GIF

19 Likes

23 Likes

Wait - this isn’t even her final form yet?

26 Likes

queen elizabeth ii money GIF by Digg

39 Likes

They may well have removed it when they realised the last “Queen of England” was Liz 1, who died in 1603… Anne was Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland until the Act of Union in 1707, when she became “Queen of Great Britain and Ireland”. Liz II is the “Queen of the United Kingdom”.

However, expecting CNN to understand foreign country politics is a big ask…

16 Likes

I’m hoping the next phase involves tentacles, taking the be-robed Synod in a whole new direction.

12 Likes

A friend of mine in the UK was talking with her dad this past week. Her father suggested a horrible scenario that could happen here. Covid numbers increase over winter, we get another lockdown just before xmas, the Queen kicks the bucket, and over xmas all tv stations play royalist crap and there is no escape. Because it would be a big deal but we, the people, would be made to suffer… Grim

15 Likes

And Prince Charles finally would be king.

2 Likes
3 Likes

18 Likes

Expecting anyone to take makey uppy kings and queens shit seriously in the 21st century is a bit much.

16 Likes

Big Brother Reaction GIF by Big Brother After Dark

MSN UK

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

12 Likes

I already have a survival playlist for those days

10 Likes

Seems like expecting them to understand domestic politics is an ask too, but this is not politics, it is … well, I was going to say ‘constitution’ but we don’t have one of those. But I doubt they removed it for technical inaccuracy, more likely just for bad journalism.

(And a hearty welcome to the BBS.)

5 Likes

8 Likes

A major worldwide news organization? Yeah, totally outside their wheelhouse.

6 Likes

But where is CNN even mentioned? I see MSN UK and then a bunch of tweets from individuals… :woman_shrugging: I literally don’t see the phrase “Queen of England” in the original post…

12 Likes