Queen of England "has entered a new phase," will re-emerge next year, MSN reports

Maybe Desmond Tutu would make it there

6 Likes

Oh god, this is going to end Kafkaesquely, isn’t it?

1 Like

4 Likes

Kafka isn’t who I’m worrying about. I’m expecting a bunch of conspiracy theorists saying “see, we were right”.

3 Likes

i was thinking that they were going to use this intervening time to augment her, like a royal Jaime Sommers/Bionic Woman kind of thing, but i like everyone else’s take here better.

3 Likes

Neil Gaiman already wrote that short story.

12 Likes

She appeared in public today so the “experts” got it wrong.

1 Like

She hadn’t taken enough damage.

Who knows what her final form will be, she’s never been defeated.

2 Likes

An amazing story. I remember at one point there was a free audio version on the internet. That was absolutely amazing too.

3 Likes

Reemerging in February eh? Totally unrelated question, has anyone seen Punxsutawney Phil and the Queen in the same room?

1 Like

Hm. Looks like I’ll have apply for a message for mom too. (British pension, but not in UK.)

Maybe not. Queenie might show up with a sword, “April 21st, 1926? There can be only one!”

5 Likes

6 Likes
2 Likes

I have a largish collection of late 19th century periodicals, and I think the layout choices are a bit off.

There are too few ads, for instance. Of course that means that someone has to write those ads.

1 Like

I’m beginning to think there might be something to the whole “reptilian alien” stuff, after all.

As a friend put it recently, “London Bridge is looking a bit wobbly”.

Oh man, the media over here is going to be fucking awful for weeks when she finally kicks the bucket.
I better look into ferries to Dublin so I can get away from it for a bit.

4 Likes

She’s a WWII vet, wouldn’t an SMLE be more appropriate?

What do you mean? A sword is perfectly period accurate for WW2.

6 Likes

We got it free from Audible back when we were members. Neil reading his stories is a treat.

4 Likes