? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

Yuck, for real? I mean, uhhhh, isn’t that a fine town? To drive past on one’s way elsewhere?

7 Likes

@OtherMichael, when you suggested I watch Journey to the West, why didn’t you say it was based on the same source material as Monkey? Wouldn’t I have got around to it sooner if you had?

2 Likes

You hadn’t seen Journey to the West yet? Isn’t it surprisingly good?

Also, am I cursed to forever produce Hedgezilla things now?

10 Likes

Wouldn’t that be pretty awesome for curse?

5 Likes

It’s titled Journey to the West, isn’t it?

Did I tell y’all about this bot?

3 Likes

The Stephen Chow one? Didn’t I love that even though it took serious liberties with the source material?
Can I recommend the 4 Shaw Brothers movies, Monkey Goes West, Princess Iron Fan, Cave Of The Silken Web, Land Of Many Perfumes?

5 Likes

It did?

Have you not read the actual stories?

3 Likes

Who has time for reading? LOSERS. SHAME…

5 Likes

I thought all Stephen Chow movies were docu-dramas?

His exposes on the state of Chinese football and the housing industry were real eye-openers.

5 Likes

Aren’t I? Isn’t one of its main claims to fame that it is quite easy to acquire large amounts of methamphetamine there if you should so desire?
DESERT DISPATCH - METH, MORONS, AND MURDER IN VICTORVILLE

6 Likes

Why does my downstairs neighbor smoke such horrible smelling cigarettes? Why can’t she discover the magic of vaping, and blow magical, good smelling clouds out of her smoke hole, instead of the gross yuck she’s blowing now?

13 Likes

Did you know that the author was a friend of my dad’s, so I knew him (he died a few years ago)? Wasn’t he exactly what you’d expect an old Chinese professor to be like?

5 Likes

Did I just willingly give up the offer of an extra ticket to the symphony tonight, suggesting one of my kids go instead, only to find out it was such a phenomenal concert that they actually had an encore (almost never happens at the CSO) at the end of the FIRST half of the program? And that as a result, all three B’s were represented, and well?

What was I thinking?

Did I have fun catching up with a friend instead? Was it enough to make up for the loss of a very special live performance?

13 Likes

Translator do you mean as I thought the stories were quite old? Either way, that is really cool, and while I can’t digest more than a chapter or two at a time can I say the books will probably be are in my all time favorites list?

2 Likes

Wasn’t I thinking I should make that distinction as I was typing, but decided not to bother?

Isn’t the tale the Chinese equivalent of the Icelandic Eddas or Old English Beowulf? Haven’t there been many translations over the years?

2 Likes

Have you seen Kitty Flanagan’s take on vaping?

4 Likes

Was he found dead after a mysterious shadowed visitor with glowing eyes was seen leaving the house?

1 Like

Isn’t “mouth fedora” an excellent term?

10 Likes