? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

7 Likes

Weren’t they reasonably nice people who simply had been living in isolation for too long (where “too long”=centuries)? And weren’t they in any case infinitely more worldly than the distant cousins who had gone full-on Amish? Do you know, this was my first close encounter with a form of anti-otherness I thought had gone extinct in the middle ages, and made me permanently sensitive to the stereotypes society perpetrates about the physicality of other minority groups?

10 Likes

Who’s going to the James Turrell Akhob while in Vegas this week?

1 Like

Welcome back…where have you been?

4 Likes

Is it wrong if I tell door-to-door salespeople trying to sell house upgrades that I rent even though we actually own the house? Why do I feel moderate guilt every time I use the magic invocation to get those parasites to leave?

7 Likes

Don’t I have fun pointing them to the no solicitors sign? Isn’t always amusing when they go but this isn’t soliciting while I say please stick around while I call the police?

4 Likes

Don’t I just refrain from answering the door?

8 Likes

You know what SCUM’s about, right?

The SCUM girls always liked me, presumably because I admitted to being the inferior sex but was nonetheless willing to put up a good fight if it meant I’d get laid. Was that the beginning of wisdom, or the nihilism of youth?

1 Like

Didn’t I just tell someone in Home Depot the other day that we already have solar panels? I have no room to judge you.

2 Likes

Are you talking about Valerie Solanas’ manifesto, or something else?

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/shivers/rants/scum.html

2 Likes

In the late 70s - early 80s there was a small group of young women, mostly from the University of Maryland in College Park, who called themselves the Society for Cutting Up Men and gave the SCUM manifesto as their inspiration. Several were inordinately physically attractive, and all were very very smart, and most were quite scrappy. Rarely have I known women quite so willing to plant a hard fist in a man’s face.

Why should the fates of the groovy and the creepy be intertwined?

5 Likes

Doesn’t this tickle me pink? Don’t’ I want to have a class one day where I make the class read Solanis’ book?

Also, did you forget where you are? Should I remind you of the thread?

10 Likes

Wait, quoting questions doesn’t count? Isn’t that unfair, when it’s my most favoritest line from the Manifesto?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t cutting him up be the more appropriate reminder?

7 Likes

At the end?

(I think not!)

I mean - there’s all these loopholes and you can’t even be bothered to (ab)use them!

4 Likes

What about the rest of the comment?

2 Likes

Who really gets away with “loopholes”?

9 Likes

Aren’t you the cut-up here? And possibly the least likely person to observe the rules?

4 Likes

Why do you wound me so?

10 Likes

Can’t you just think of it as an overly prolix way of saying “weren’t these chicks a slightly dangerous barrel of fun back in the day?”?

4 Likes