Quotes on religion and the mythical Christian solar god Jesus's association with the Sun

Thank you, you’re absolutely right: I was confused. I should have written “influenced by those polytheistic pantheons” and then “millenia of pantheism abandoned or stupefied, polytheistic deities conflated and subverted to monotheism…”

I was over at the “Flood Destroys Home…” thread earlier, and I guess I wonder at all this. It’s a strange combination of ideas, not least because of its contradiction of Jesus Christ while simultaneously harkening back to some good old natural god wrath. I wonder what he would say the old wrathful god’s punishment should be for destroying their creation, fouling or ending their patterns and harmonies, paving and poisoning and pretending to care.

This is kind of what inspires me to yearn for polytheistic pantheons with elements of pantheism-- it’d make analysis of someone like that guy a little less like teasing apart a theological knot… And given the apparent internal contradictory polytheism within certain versions of the Christian God as professed by some, maybe splitting that apart would be the best way for them, and people generally, to make some better narrative sense about a complex human world and the ideas flowing through. The elements of pantheism seem important because, hey, we still need breathable air, drinkable water, uncontaminated food, and a shared natural garden of life.