Quotes on religion and the mythical Christian solar god Jesus's association with the Sun

8 Likes
1 Like

No performer rocked Soul Train more than Al Green. There was a time on Soul Train when the performances were live. The following are two of those live performances.

Love and Happiness

Al Green songs were all about “Love.”-- Considered by some to be one of the great Soul Train performances of all time…with his sprained right arm in a sling, and a rose in his left hand…

…Here I Am

Quote from the end of this video-- Don Cornelius saying his signature phrase “Love Peace and Soul”

11 Likes

Here is one more live Soul Train performance by Al Green.

For a decade and a half–Al Green stopped performing secular music and performed gospel music…with the following gospel performance, Al Green stirred the spirit of the Soul Train TV and studio audience…

…God Blessed Our Love

12 Likes

Not only are you getting into the spirit of this little group, but you linked to not one but TWO Al Green performances of two of his best known hits.

Just pretend I gave you a total of 3 likes for your post, instead of the one I’m allowed. :wink:

9 Likes
9 Likes

I wanna second this. :smiley: :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Hey, my local band! (I lived in Hull in the mid-80s.) This one’s just a cover though.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

As a person, Wagner was a supreme asshat, but he could write music, and Liszt? Well, he could make anything better on the piano, even very good work, and imho, he did here…

5 Likes

5 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and soggy socks of wool
Stand in the desert…

7 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes