Quotes on religion and the mythical Christian solar god Jesus's association with the Sun

Besides, there’s…

4 Likes

Oh non, you did not (re)start anything. It felt before as a peeing contest for me (posts above), and so I left, backing away. You only reminded me of the things I wanted tot say at that time as a reply, and had a particularly bad mood this morning. Not your fault. :wink:

Sounds not bad, not bad at all.

6 Likes

I never for a minute intended to imply that a woman can’t proudly assert her right to stand or sit or, uh…actually, I want to make it perfectly clear that I never intended to imply anything about anyone at all, ever. Really I didn’t. Not a bit. People should use the pyramid they feel comfortable using.

I know I posted this song before, but c’mon, could you resist it?

9 Likes

스물여덟.

3 Likes

If your pee goes up in the air instead of down to the ground, I would be quite surprised.

If that is the sort of peeing contest you want to have – I concede before it begins.

Are there any extant hieroglyphics depicting the ancient Egyptian methods of personal hygiene?

2 Likes

5 Likes

She meant standing vs. sitting to pee.

3 Likes

Either way it hits the sand.

Did you ever wonder how much sand costs?

2 Likes

Or goes down one’s leg (and into one’s socks) prior to hitting the sand…

4 Likes

I always suspected that’s what goes on in the Met after-hours.

http://www.ancient-egypt.co.uk/metropolitan/pages/metropolitan_NY%20770.htm

2 Likes

Squat toilets are popular in most countries for both genders.

If I had the money, I’d have a squat toilet, and a bidet. Western toilets are barbaric.

Check this out!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294201-i9404-k3908050-Toilet_facilities_in_Egypt-Cairo_Cairo_Governorate.html

3 Likes

What is this, a Zen koan?

You can’t tell the same Zen koan twice.

6 Likes

So, nothing I say is a Zen koan.

#mu!    

(edit: sorry for the koany joke…ducks and runs away!)

5 Likes

7 Likes

True, but he did talk about looking out at the sunrise, which is much easier to do from a standing rather than squatting position. Especially to avoid one’s clothing, women have to tilt quite a bit forward.

1 Like

Well, actually, he talked about watching the dawn illuminate the pyramid, so presumably with one’s back to the sunrise. /pedant

But men have to look down at the ground, to be sure we aren’t making spelling mistakes.

11 Likes

“The urine tested as Mr. Kissinger’s, but the handwriting is Pat’s!”

6 Likes

3 Likes