R-CA Devin Nunes will resign from Congress to head Trump's new media company

Originally published at: R-CA Devin Nunes will resign from Congress to head Trump's new media company | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I hope Nunes gets paid in advance. Otherwise, when The Former Guy inevitably stiffs him the cow won’t be able to collect on the lawsuit.

21 Likes

Will his mom be the real CEO?

15 Likes

I wonder how long he’ll last in the job. Will he quit after realizing what it’s like to actually work for Trump? Will Trump fire him on a whim? Will the company fold after a few weeks?

The possibilities for office betting pools are endless!

17 Likes

Clearly public service is not his thing.

Government will be better off without him.

15 Likes

Well, not completely ridiculous.

I mean, would Elizabeth Warren disagree with that basic premise?

(I do wish she were still out barnstorming for the breaking up of the big boys.)

10 Likes

Aaaand… they’re already under investigation.

14 Likes

devin was another one of the errors she produced.

11 Likes

They’ll be adding a new question to TruthSocial’s new user sign-up form:

:white_check_mark: Are you a cow?

19 Likes

Trump Media & Technology Group plans to involve both an on-demand programming aspect and a social media called Truth Social.

Hrm, so Pravda. Pravda Social… Правда Социальная

It has a Soviet charm to it, huh? Probably Stalinist leaning, granted.

14 Likes

and one twitter to rule them all?

8 Likes

Its going to be the cow.

4 Likes

Devin’s cow for Congress: sane, polite and a high tolerance for bullshit.

10 Likes

So, does the Governor now appoint a replacement, and then an election next cycle? Is that how it works?

Did he just give the Democrats a majority in Congress, no tie breaker needed?

ETA: Morgan Freeman voice: “But he didn’t hand them a majority, as he was in the House.”

5 Likes

via Heather Cox Richardson: “In California’s redistricting after the recent census meant it would lose a congressional seat, Nunes’s district was reshaped, making winning reelection look like an uphill battle.”

More on what is next:

“Leaving in the middle of one’s term like this will almost surely kick off a special election sometime next year. Those are expensive affairs to taxpayers that are also low-turnout. Plus, the special election would be for the existing district lines. The winner (still heavily favored to be a Republican) would then face a far different electorate in next November’s midterms.”

15 Likes

You think THAT’S a ridiculously long slide deck? That’s not even long enough to get you serious Series A funding looks in most of silicon valley’s eyes.

4 Likes

Seeing that slide deck though, seriously… they think they can go against AWS in the long term?

2 Likes

If the Trumpists were Stalinist it would be an improvement on who they actually are. Not much of one but still an improvement

I’m saying that as one of the first people who would be purged under a Stalinist regime too.

6 Likes

Nunes is/was a Representative, not a Senator. No change in the power structure with him leaving.

While both Senators and Representatives technically are members of Congress, usually the latter are the only ones labeled “congressman/congresswoman.” The others usually are labeled and addressed as Senator.

7 Likes

OH whoops, got confused which one he was in. Thanks.

2 Likes