Racist Karen screams at woman exercising in park: 'This is not your home! We do not want you here!'

giphy

16 Likes

I dunno about you, but I’m capable of being upset about more than one thing at a time. And something like this hardly takes up much of anyone’s time.

9 Likes

I’m guessing they’ve already booted her ages ago, assuming that was ever her thing in the first place. She’s probably the old lady who sits in the park alone, staring daggers at anyone who dare impinge on “her” space.

What am I saying “probably”? We’ve seen the video.

Nope. Then they’ll piss and moan about how everybody’s so politically correct nowadays, not like it used to be, blah blah blah.

15 Likes

Not to pile it on, but you seem to have plenty of time to describe that and why it’s not worth your time.
But I have time, plenty of us have time. Trump has made these people feel safe(er) expressing their racist tendencies. I totally have time to remind them that they are wrong.

26 Likes

A troublesome percentage of the public side with, support, create (in racist upbringing), and empower racist cops. That “Karen” is part of that public… which makes her (and those like her) a huge problem.

18 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to carry on saying what the fuck I want because so far my opinion counts and Black Lives Matter even though I’m white as fuck and so is my town.

21 Likes

if they only knew :smiling_imp:

8 Likes
12 Likes

I always thought Cash should have sung Morrissey’s “Unloveable” when he was alive

( the one that goes “I wear black on the outside because black is how I feel on the inside” )

Now I think Cash should have sung it instead of Morrissey, who has sadly turned into a Karen himself

12 Likes

I grew up there (Yo to my fellow hapa asians from Torrance), and this has always been a problem.

Torrance was traditionally a “sleeper” community for the aerospace industry, which formerly (and still does, but in lesser proportions) employ a lot of white dudes (like my Dad). There are now tons of Asians, but that hasn’t always been the case. In my youth there, I’ve been yelled at by old white golf dudes to “go back where I came from”, which is both stupid and kind of funny as the Japanese side of my family has been in the US longer than the white side (4th vs 3rd generation).

But the problem is that these entitled racist assholes have racist kids, and often racist grandkids.

26 Likes

Morrissey is why people hate vegans. He’s helped no one.

17 Likes

Except himself to losing fans…

13 Likes

Oy, Morrisey, that’s you, that is!

12 Likes

As a Californian, whose white, English-speaking ancestors came to the state generations ago in the 19th century, before there were a lot of white English-speakers, I’m not just upset when I see these kinds of displays of racism here, but also totally baffled. I mean, for fuck’s sake - it’s California.

One of my grandfathers was born and grew up in Southern California (a stone’s throw from Torrance, actually), and though his family had only a couple generations previously come from Northern Europe, you better believe he spoke Spanish - and felt more culturally connected to Mexico than anywhere in Europe. He was a farmer, so many of his neighbors were also Japanese. I look at these Karens and think, bitch, please, if your racist ass didn’t immigrate here from Asshole, Ohio, your parents’ almost certainly did. Why the fuck do you think you have the right to swan in here, to California, which was multi-ethnic and multi-linguistic before it even became a state, and make these insane demands about people who have deeper roots here than you do? How does that even make sense to you? It’s absurd enough anywhere in America, obviously, given that English speaking white people are an immigrant population, but it feels especially absurd in California, where they’re late arrivals even among immigrants.

I keep thinking of an incident I read about a while ago in the UK - some Englander starts abusing two “foreign” Muslim women speaking a language he can’t understand, demanding that since they’re in the UK, they should speak English. A bystander informs him that he’s in Wales and the women are speaking Welsh…

33 Likes

It’s not just being raised by racists, though that certainly contributes. Our entire society helps indoctrinate people into racist ideology.

Exactly. I’m in 100% agreement. Thank you.

2 Likes

Cray-cray.

And just to suggest, let’s make it karen, not Karen. There are real people who have to go through life with that name. The meme is catching on and it’s sure not very funny for them any more. Same with chad.

5 Likes

This song was the reason South Pacific was banned across much of the South in the 50’s.

8 Likes

Authentic query; where does the term “hapa” come from and what does it mean, exactly? I’ve seen it in the context of Philippine people, but can’t make the connection? Is this a cultural or dialectic thing or does it mean something entirely different that I’ve missed?

Also, I know I can google it, but I’d love to hear insight from someone who self-identifies as opposed to some website’s interpretation of meaning.

You think they have it bad, just think how poor “Felicia” must feel.

13 Likes

Or John.
Poor man, named after a toilet.

Chad’s still hanging, though.

15 Likes