Racist Ronald Reagan called Africans "monkeys" in taped call with Nixon

Richard Nixon, from his infamous White House tapes:

We’re going to [put] more of these little Negro bastards on the welfare rolls at $2,400 a family … Work, work, throw 'em off the rolls. That’s the key … I have the greatest affection for them, but I know they’re not going to make it for 500 years. They aren’t. You know it, too.

The Mexicans are a different cup of tea. They have a heritage. At the present time they steal, they’re dishonest, but they do have some concept of family life. They don’t live like a bunch of dogs, which the Negroes do live like.

You know what happened to the Romans? The last six Roman emperors were fags … You know what happened to the popes? They were layin’ the nuns; that’s been goin’ on for years, centuries. But the Catholic Church went to hell three or four centuries ago. It was homosexual, and it had to be cleaned out.

Look at the strong societies. The Russians. Goddamn, they root 'em out. They don’t let 'em around at all. I don’t know what they do with them. Look at this country. You think the Russians allow dope? Homosexuality, dope, immorality, are the enemies of strong societies.

The upper class in San Francisco is that way. The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time — it is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd. I can’t shake hands with anybody from San Francisco!

Update: I posted my own contrast-enhanced version of the image, but for reasons I can’t explain it won’t display in this comment, so here is the link to the image page.

18 Likes