Two crazy liberals, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush talk about immigration

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Reich wing loonies everywhere cry when they see these kinds of “facts”.

7 Likes

Facts are known to have a liberal bias.

21 Likes

Thanks, will pass that on to my Drumpf loving neighbor.

6 Likes

Oh, I think I can predict what today’s conservatives would say, something like: " Well, that was then, this is now. Clearly treating them like human beings didn’t solve the problem, so now it’s time to treat them like animals. " Or perhaps they will say “Old timey Mexicans from 1980s were good, like those villagers in “The Magnificent Seven”, but these modern 21st century Mexicans are dirty filthy drug addicted rapists.”

11 Likes

While they hook the horses up to the buggy?

1 Like

21 Likes

As Goldwater said to Dole in 1996, 'We’re the new liberals of the Republican Party. Can you imagine that?"

5 Likes

For bonus points be sure to include:

• Treehugging Pinko Commie Richard Nixon advocating universal health coverage, founding the EPA and shaking hands with Chairman Mao
  • Hippie Peacenik Ike Eisenhower making an impassioned plea to reign in the expansion of the U.S. Military
  • Big-Government advocate Teddy Roosevelt setting aside unprecedented amounts of public land for national parks, forests and monuments
24 Likes

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3”; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));Two crazy liberals, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush

Wow, crazy is right! I thought I’d heard all the crazy things they’d said, but this really kicks the cap off!

1 Like

(Hilariously, the actor who plays the apparently Hispanic “Most Interesting Man In The World” for Dos Equis, is actually Jewish.)

7 Likes

Add to that list: the first Republican President, Abe Lincoln, fighting a war to oppose “states rights.”

11 Likes

Conservatives would also claim that the film is a conspiracy made by the commies in librul Hollywood, using CGI and rubber masks (BOTH!) to simulate Ronnie and George.

You know why they sound like Democrats? Because back in my time, both parties agreed about things like morals, ethics, and basic human decency.

7 Likes

GHWB was also pro-choice until he was drafted as VP.

5 Likes

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if
(d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3”;
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, ‘script’,
‘facebook-jssdk’));

Please fix Blog view. It is the one true way to view Bong Boing.

2 Likes

Does anyone even use “normal” view?

3 Likes

This took place before NAFTA, which decimated Central American economies, further impoverishing the already poor,and driving farmers away from their land, especially. Why not come north, to the land that exacerbated and benefited from the problem? The general American ignorance about what such “trade agreements” do to ordinary people, especially in subordinated countries, is astounding, devastating, horrendous, etc. Ugh.

7 Likes

That was before Rupert Murdoch and the republican party loaded the Overton Window into a flatbed and drove it Right into the Atlantic

4 Likes

Was also before Reagan began funding Central-American despots and training their thugs… Many folks who crossed/cross the border illegally are bona-fide refugees, not just seeking better economic environs…

6 Likes