Rainproof car mirror sticker looks great -- but how long does it last?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/22/rainproof-car-mirror-sticker-l.html

2 Likes

RainX glass treatment goes on with a wet sponge and has similar effects. It’s really very good. Lasts a few months between applications.

9 Likes

This is obviously the work of Lucifer.

3 Likes

I use Rain-X, love it.
I re-do it at every fill-up of gas. Only takes a few seconds and here in Oregon - it’s truly IS a life-saver.
At night in the rain, it is like there is NO RAIN - even when driving behind or beside a semi rig.
Truly amazing.

This film can be gotten on Amazon, and it has lots of 5-star reviews which all seem to have odd syntax and mildly bad grammar (must be people, not bots writing these puff-pieces).

6 Likes

What? The little video-ad that makes it look so easy?
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have RainX wipes in the car and RainX windshield wiper fluid in the reservoir.

4 Likes

Did anyone mention RainX yet? Oh. Well, me, too!

1 Like

Best thing evar!

2 Likes

I have “The site is experiencing technical difficulties.” for most of boingboing. Is no one else having this problem?

1 Like

@orenwolf is on it

3 Likes

Fixed, sorry about that!

4 Likes

I guess I’m too boujie for this since my car has heated mirrors.

1 Like

Thanks. My day wouldn’t be complete without a mix of the genuinely informative and cats licking ice cream.

6 Likes

I’m reminded of what people say when they find that the “black box” is meant to survive a plane crash.
Why don’t they make the whole plane out of whatever they use to make the black box?

2 Likes

Do you have a lot of problems with water on mirrors? I live i a very rainy area, drive a motorcycle and car and have never noticed, my mirrors covered in water. Maybe because mine are pointed backwards, away from the direction the water it’s surfaces?

3 Likes

Or for some of us, “cats licking ice cream, and other.”

Apparently starbug in red dwarf is made from the same material as a small child’s doll because they’d always survive a crash. Annoyingly i can’t find the clip!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.