Rams vs. boxing bag

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/24/rams-vs-boxing-bag.html

4 Likes

Interesting. It took them a lot longer to “get it” than, say, my dog who figured out how to essentially do volleyball “sets” with a balloon pretty much instantly (then again, the next dog couldn’t figure that out at all). They also look like they have very limited attention spans, hitting it four or five times then turning away.

3 Likes

That boxing bag is definitely not going to mate with any sweet ewes this season.

12 Likes

“Practice makes perfect!”
“Dude, I think you broke it.”

4 Likes

I didn’t click on the link but surely there are some vids on the channel of rams with migraines?

2 Likes

If instead the obelisk in Krubrik’s 2001 was a punching bag instead…

3 Likes

I hope those rams always think back on this as the best day.

@joelfinkle our main dog is awesome at fetch, even in his old age. But our auxiliary dog is only now starting to figure out the concept, after two and a half years of watching and wanting to participate. He will find a ball and bring it to me, and I will throw it, and he will run after it, and then he’ll run back as fast as he can, but he doesn’t bring the ball with him. And then he’ll get so worked up that he just runs in circles in the yard at a million miles an hour while we clap and act impressed.

14 Likes

Ramcam! I needed a good laugh today.

6 Likes

:joy:It actually looks like they’re kind of tussling over it. “My bag.” “No! my bag!” And also, trying to figure out how/how hard to hit it to get the most satisfactory bump. Or trying to figure out how to hit it so it swings into the other guy.

5 Likes

Aux Dog: hey old dog, watch me make the human clap for me

3 Likes

I want to know if a one ram given sole unfettered access to a heavy bag like this would be more successful at mating with a given herd than a ram w/o bag access. In other words can training make a guy more successful in the sheep world.

4 Likes

For the real deal insist on musk oxen. ~600lb at 35mph (x2)

3 Likes

Needs more Eye of the Tiger

Also, rams are much better at tether ball than me.

8 Likes

That’s how everybody wins!

1 Like

You don’t even know the half of it. There’s a whole scandal right now about thousands of rams that are hopelessly addicted to opioid pain meds.

I think it will have the opposite effect. They will spend so much time playing they won’t get females at all.

And here is where the discussion turns to video games.

4 Likes

“You see what happens, Larry?! See what happens?! This is what happens when you leave a boxing bag in the woods, Larry! This is what happens, Larry!”

3 Likes

This post is a lot more fun than the one (rightfully) complaining about the Boston cops (Irish, what do you expect?).

I’d like to see a mash-up.

Self-tenderizing mutton?

1 Like

Lots of farm animal owners amongst us here in So Cal. One co-worker told me of an incident involving his wife and a “pet”. (They kept sheep; I’d be damned if I knew why.) While in the garden one day, his wife (on her hands and knees, tending to something) was full-on head-butted by their ram who mistook her position for a challenge. She was knocked out cold. F—king ram!

1 Like