Rare giant bird kills Florida man

1 Like

That is one of the funniest Carson bits I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

I’ve seen one up close in a wildlife park in Australia and I’ve never seen anything that looked more like a dinosaur in the flesh.
I have no doubts that a cassowary could fuck you right up, and make it look easy.

6 Likes

Anyone who has played Far Cry 3 knows you never ever fuck with one of those

3 Likes

Me too. I’m sure I remember Elmer Fudd saying “Cassowary”, but I can’t find a reference.

2 Likes

Cassso wawy wawy qwuiet?

6 Likes

Or “large flightless bird”. Do they really think people don’t know what a cassowary is? Even so, “cassowary” makes a more click-baity headline.

1 Like

"Knife-footed Tank-bird Kills One"
“…and you won’t believe what it means for America…”

6 Likes

Are there really giant birds like that?

3 Likes

Florida Man lives!

Why am I not surprised this happens in…

wait for it …

florida.

Surprising that I have no desire to ever return to that state

1 Like

Far Cry 3, but yeah. (Far Cry 4 was the Himalayas.)

I remember my first encounter with a Cassowary in FC3.

“Hey, a Cassowary. Cassowary’s a big bird, right? hey, bird. Whattup, bird. Just coming through, bird… OH SHIT. No! No! GET AWAY! RUN… Goddamnit.”

From that point on, I mentally put them in the same category as Large Bears, angry dragons, or militarized police squad in other open-world games.

5 Likes

I stand corrected. Far Cry 3

2 Likes

Parky didn’t think so.

2 Likes

Out of all the animals in FC3, cassowaries were the one species I “suppressed” with extra diligence.

2 Likes

Florida Man Meets Florida Bird!

1 Like

“I have a man-sized, deadly dinosaur as a pet!”
“Sounds dangerous!”
“Nah, it’s fine - it doesn’t have any teeth.”
[Isn’t fine]

8 Likes

On the good side, Kennedy Space Center and Indian River navel oranges. On the bad side, cassowaries.

5 Likes

One thing about living in Florida I never could stomach. All the damn cassowaries.

7 Likes

It certainly seems to be an error message; but the number of long, cryptic, GUID-looking numbers in it makes it seem less likely(though not impossible, some cursed places use GUID spews even in places where they aren’t supposed to differ between systems, like parts of the windows registry) that it’s a popular error search.

Parts of it might well be; maybe people are bitterly cursing “duplicate pixel ID” in the context of “connect.facebook.net” and the fbevents.js script right now; but this message seems like a very, very specific duplicate pixel ID along with a bunch of cryptic CDN addresses; and step 1 to actually getting results when googling the problem is culling the unique and irrelevant parts of your error message in order to find the ones you have in common with someone smarter or more persistent than you who has solved the problem.

That query seems like too large a violation of that rule, and too specific, to be remotely common; even if the problem of which it is a specific instance is downright ubiquitous (as a problem associated with some aspect of facebook’s integration javascript probably would be; that stuff is massively used by people of widely varying understanding).