World's most dangerous bird spotted swimming at public beach (video)

Originally published at: World's most dangerous bird spotted swimming at public beach (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

That’s a dinosawer!

8 Likes

“I should buy a boat”

Australia One Planet GIF by BBC America

Not sure why they found this astonishing, there’s tons of pictures online of Cassowaries hanging out on the beach. I mean why wouldn’t you, if you could?

21 Likes

This is the bird that 100% convinced me that birds are, in fact, dinosaurs. Just look at that thing on the top of its head!

21 Likes

“Just look at that thing on the top of its head!”

…can’t argue with the science there.

9 Likes

Just look at those eyes!

I could 100% believe that cassowaries were used as the model for the CGI velociraptors in Jurassic Park.

16 Likes

Yeah but it seems like there’s a difference between seeing a creature like that relaxing at the beach vs. emerging from the sea…

god-zilla-growl

13 Likes

Pining for the plains of Timbuctoo?

23 Likes

My takeaway is that the Loch Ness Monster is a Cassowary.

4 Likes

Sesame Street Muppets GIF

12 Likes

The deadliest enemy in Far Cry 3.

4 Likes

That video was labelled badly “humans are assholes” would have been much better.

4 Likes

2 Likes

A party hat?

1 Like

Cassowaries are the only creatures I ever saw make Steve Irwin look noticeably nervous.

5 Likes

Big Bird is clearly more like an Emu. You can tell by looking at the feet.
difference
(Stolen from @Brainspore)

13 Likes

9 Likes

I expect the bird’s name to be Nessie
Hoaxed_photo_of_the_Loch_Ness_monster

5 Likes

For high-quality animal entertainment, esp Karen the Rude Emu! I highly recco Useless Farm.

5 Likes

The scientists say the axe head on it’s forehead is for pushing it’s way through the bush, but everyone who’s ever met one of the evil f*ckers knows, it’s really for head-butting joggers /s

7 Likes