Raymond Lee to star in Quantum Leap reboot

In the '70s or '80s I read a story, or stories, about a person who is dislocated in time and somehow called upon to solve various problems

Whenever he changes the “past” he lives in, he loses his memory, and in order to cope with this situation he writes notes to himself

It seems like such a series, if it exists, would have been cited by critics as an influence on later works like Quantum Leap and Memento, but I can’t find any reference to it anywhere

5 Likes

Yes, in Analog, with the catch-phrase “May the future be kind”.

Basically Quantum Leap used the same idea, with the addition of Al and Ziggy to bring out internal dialog where the audience can see it, and Sam inhabiting the body of the historical person he landed in in different times.

If the author, who I don’t recall, had Harlan Ellison’s lawyers, they would have extracted a hefty settlement.

4 Likes

It’s a sequel so at least they can do something to bring Scott back to tie the original series better as that ending really effing sucked.

3 Likes

YMMV Unsolved Mysteries: Quantum Leap’s Don Bellisario on the fate of Sam Beckett | Ars Technica

4 Likes

Maybe Scott Bakula could take on the role?

4 Likes

It was James E. Gunn

The stories are in a collection called Crisis

http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/pe.cgi?25709

3 Likes

That would be brilliant.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.