Raymond Lee to star in Quantum Leap reboot

Originally published at: Raymond Lee to star in Quantum Leap reboot | Boing Boing

1 Like

An Asian lead actor in a reboot of a show beloved by white fanbois in their childhood? Oh boy…

20 Likes

This is pointless, we already fixed all the social issues covered in the first run.

16 Likes

Those Hollyweird woketards are ruining everything! :roll_eyes:

Who’s playing Dean Stockwell? A girl?

7 Likes

BuT hOw CaN i IdEnTiFy WiTh ThIs ChArAcTeR nOw???!

11 Likes

If it doesn’t have the estranged love interest, separated parents, one of whom works with the shady company responsible and the other one dead or missing, and open with an accident with an experiment that the protagonist was warned about but did anyway then I’m just not watching.

11 Likes

This is awesome, I hope they keep the more positive/hopeful message of the original series in the mix. But I would love to see them experiment with the core premise to add some new ideas to it.

7 Likes

Scott Bakula was great, but it’s Dean Stockwell that leaves some pretty big shoes to fill.
Quantum Leap' star Dean Stockwell dies at 85 - AR15.COM

26 Likes

I’m waiting for the other boot to drop.

couch potato working from home GIF

1 Like

Man smartphone ergonomics sure have come a long way since 1989. Can you imagine having to carry Al’s “Ziggy” interface gizmo in your pocket?

8 Likes

I’m a huge fan of the show but I’m a little sad because instead of a reboot I was hoping that they would do the continuation show with Sam’s daughter.

7 Likes

Who’s going to be the Evil Leaper, Steve Bannon?

3 Likes

Now that you mention it, I’ve now been madly searching trying to find someone who makes it as a phone case.

So…yes, absolutely.

3 Likes

I’m sure you could always just make your own with some translucent LEGO bricks and a tube of superglue.

5 Likes

Why don’t smart phones look like semi transparent lego kits that a 3 year old put together, yet are we not advanced enough yet? Also, Dean Stockwell was pretty great in that roll. Nevermind on the lego smart phone question, answered it myself, because the phone would also be a weapon at that point.

2 Likes
3 Likes

This reminds me, has anyone else been seeing the same Quantum Leap video pinned on Ars Technica for, like, a year or more, or is it just me for some reason?

1 Like

They still could! Sammy Jo could be the new Al.

3 Likes

Playing a character who can be any human and sometimes a chimpanzee.

1 Like

Close. Steve is the evil leper.

3 Likes