rain 1

rain

think

umn

writer

jaw

jump

2 Likes

Perhaps we need a Roy Kent emoji for that.

3 Likes
3 Likes

At first I told myself that I was just going to exclusively keep using the heart/like as I always had (an expression of my romantic devotion), but I’m starting to really enjoy the other options with the reactions. I sometimes wish there was an eye roll, though. None of the reactions quite nail that “good grief” feeling that I get by a lot of linked information in posts.

3 Likes

Yeah, :roll_eyes: and on occasion :popcorn: have been ones I’ve found myself reaching for. And :person_facepalming:, although I don’t know how much semantic overlap there is between eyeroll and facepalm.

6 Likes

Facepalm would be great, I think that and eye roll would be fairly interchangeable.

4 Likes

I think face palm is better than eyeroll. The smileys all kind of blur together after a while.

5 Likes

… or maybe they could just let each of us curate our own emoji menu :thinking:

4 Likes

Now I want ALL psychedelic jellyfish.

That is an excellent point.

2 Likes
4 Likes

:hammer: + :strawberry: + :fish: + :couplekiss_man_man: = :confetti_ball:
Seems like a lot of work?

5 Likes

Both of those can easily be misconstrued as a negative take on the post. We don’t want downvoting and all the negativity that causes.

7 Likes

That makes sense. I can see how they could, and likely would, be used that way.

2 Likes

I’ve been Disappointed with many of the Discourse design changes as of late.

2 Likes

Someone should start keeping a list.

3 Likes

Ok, so I’ve been AWOL for a couple of months on a humungous project that took all my waking hours (and I wasn’t even getting paid for it!) and I come back to find that what was simple, if open to misunderstanding (liking a death notice, for example), is now complex but open to misunderstanding.

And yet I throughly approve. Kudos to @orenwolf for taking the risk of opening a can of worms, here. (hmm … … no, best not to suggest that one) - because I do agree about needing other ways to react to a post where a like may not be quite the right reaction.

Maybe we need a new bingo card to enumerate the ways an emoji can get totally misconstrued as to which sentiment they are actually expressing. :wink:

And ETA - who stole my “Irregular” rank? The whole point of it was to be … irregular, and the moment I was, it was removed. :frowning:

2 Likes

Applying certain emoticons is failing. When trying to add say a laughing face, the count goes up but no emoticon is added. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Only 3 emoji are displayed. Don’t know if there were already 3 on the post you reacted to, but that could explain it.
(for instance the “thinking” reaction I just made on your post is the 4th and isn’t displayed)

eta: apparently emoji selected the same amount on a post are shown in alphabetical order of the emoji name. In case anyone was curious

5 Likes

If you click on them you can see them all.

2 Likes

4 Likes