Read Christine Blasey Ford's letter accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her

Christ, what an asshole.

2 Likes

“More than 200 women had signed the letter as of late Monday morning”

16 Likes

Honestly curious, do you have a link for that? I couldn’t find one.

1 Like

About six weeks ago:

(RING RING)
A: Hi, I’m calling from the White House. Am I speaking to Ms. Smith?
B: Yes?
A: We’re doing a little routine background work on Brett Kavanaugh. Did you go to to high school with him in the 1980s?
B: Oh wow, I haven’t thought about that guy in over thirty…
A: Would you sign a written statement that he never tried to rape you?
B: What?? Why?
A: Oh no reason.

16 Likes

tumblr_pegeo7QYkq1uyav8ao1_540

5 Likes

Interesting how quiet the people who insisted on downplaying this allegation of attempted rape have gotten after being so outspoken about accurate labels over the weekend…

10 Likes

Voters are a hellaofa drug aren’t they Susan?

8 Likes

It absolutely blows my mind that they are doubling down on this asshole. How easy would it be to say “I apologize for my actions, I was extremely young and intoxicated. I hope that Ms. Ford can find peace after any trouble I might have caused her.” Whole thing would be done-zo.

Instead we get 31 flavors of victim blaming and disgusting “it wasn’t rape” apologia. What kind of garbage humans keep this going rather than just manage to find one judge who isn’t an attempted rapist?

9 Likes

9 Likes

Two words: Roy Moore.

16 Likes

You know what this still isn’t?

A “no”.

I don’t think there’s a line for any of these assholes.

10 Likes

The levels of arrogance at work with both Kavanaugh and his supporters made this unlikely. They rolled the dice thinking that this anonymous accusation wouldn’t be credible and outright denied the incident ever happened (not even the standard “I don’t recall that happening” weasel response). Now it’s too late for them to address it as you describe and Kavanaugh looks like the kind of liar that … well, the kind of liar that this regime would nominate to the SCOTUS.

That said, with the stakes being what they are and time being short the GOP is going to pull every dirty smear they can on this brave woman. Be prepared for a very ugly few weeks.

15 Likes

One consolation is that David Pecker isn’t as likely to be doing trump’s bidding in plastering grocery store check-out lanes with the ugliness on front covers.

4 Likes

A non-response is likely a walk-back, though. They were darn quick to sign it, not so quick to defend it.
I mean, it’s all bullshit anyway, so it doesn’t ultimately matter, though. That Kavanaugh’s response has been, “I never went to that party!” when the details of which party, exactly, it was, haven’t been released is really telling.

See tekna’s linked article above.

7 Likes

Yep, I see what you mean.

5 Likes

Sadly, this will be a Clarence Thomas event all over again. He’ll squeak by and no one will say a word once he’s sworn in after that. All I can say is that it’s time to vote all the rats out of office and maybe start considering court packing for the Supreme Court to minimize the damage the hard right is about to do.

5 Likes

“When we agreed to spend millions of dollars toward his confirmation, we never believed Kavanaugh would’ve withheld important information from us like the fact that being a sexual predator could someday have consequences,”

7 Likes

Please don’t say that as if it’s already set in stone.

6 Likes

Annnnd heeere we go.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45555359

The Senate has scheduled a public hearing on a sex assault claim against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh next Monday.

If I were Mrs Blasey Ford I would have said “Sorry, can’t be there until after the mid-terms”.

10 Likes

Yeah, hopefully we’ve learned some things about harassment in the last decade.

On the other hand, this is the GOP we’re talking about, this is an incredibly high stakes nomination, and the GOP will do just about anything to get him seated.

On the other other hand, every time Kavanaugh’s name and sexual misbehavior appear in a sentence together it’s hurts his chances at least some, and there’s a lot more of that coming up, so …

5 Likes